Stephen Nichols is back on Days of our Lives this week. It is the return fans have been waiting for since it was revealed last spring that the actor was on set and filming again.
Days spoilers for the week revealed that Stephen’s first airdate is Wednesday, November 27 — just in time for the long Thanksgiving weekend. Details of his return are, of course, being kept under wraps. However, the actor has teased big plans are ahead for him on the soap opera.
The last time viewers saw Steve Johnson, he had his eyesight restored, but he also landed in big trouble with the law. Steve has been in jail for espionage after it was discovered the new bionic eye that Stefan (Brandon Barash) got him was used to record secure documents.
View this post on Instagram
- Jarlena commercial is hysterical!
- Who else loves Linsey Godfrey?
- Do you like Robin Strasser, aka Dorian Lord, as Vivian Alamain?
1. Clip”Happy to be back” with my TV family and my good buddy, Drake! 2. My partner, my “Sweetness” ♥️3. My backstage friends, @lucyyale @Mikejf379 @jessiehessie1 They make #days run! 4. With these two gentlemen, the boss man, Ken Corday, and longtime acting buddy, James Reynolds. Great weekend! Thanks fans, friends,. grateful for you. #theactorslife @nbcdays
Steve’s return to Salem is going to have an impact on several residents. His brother, Jack (Matthew Ashford), is furious at Steve, especially since the latter did not reach out when their sister, Adrienne (Judi Evans), died. Jack is definitely going to have words for his big bro.
Then there is his ex-wife Kayla’s (Mary Beth Evans) newfound romance with Justin (Wally Kurth). Steve isn’t going to be happy his “sweetness” is dating his dead sister’s husband. Of course, he will only feel that way if he returns as Steve Johnson. What if the man with Steve’s face has no recollection of his past life in Salem?
Stephen’s highly anticipated return may bring a man that looks like Steve Johnson to Salem, but that doesn’t mean it is him. Yes, the storyline was just done with Jack, so it would be redundant. There has to be more to the story, though, than Steve simply strolling back into town or an amnesiac with his face.
Stephen Nichols may be returning to Days of our Lives this week, but what character is he playing? The NBC soap opera has only confirmed that the actor is back not that his infamous alter ego is returning too. It is assumed that if Stephen is back, so is Steve. However, since the time jump, Days has proven fans should never make assumptions.
There has been an awful lot of talk about Stefano DiMera (Joseph Mascolo) recently on the daytime drama. Princess Gina (Kristian Alfonso) has been talking to a mystery man she calls “Steffy.” Stefano’s son, Chad (Billy Flynn), has been communicating electronically with his father and has finally secured an in-person meeting.
Could it be that Stephen Nichols’ return is somehow connected to all the recent talk of Stefano? Perhaps Dr. Rolf (William Utay) brainwashed Steve to think he is Stefano. The mad scientist has done it before. He is the reason Hope thinks she is Princess Gina. It sounds crazy, and out there, which is kind of fitting for the NBC soap opera.
Days of our Lives airs weekdays on NBC.
- Below Deck alum Colin Macy-O’Toole weighs in on Season 5, calls show ‘backstabbing not yachting’ - 23rd October 2020
- Below Deck Med: Captain Sandy Yawn and Malia White blasted for reunion behavior, fans are over them - 23rd October 2020
- Days of our Lives spoilers for next week: Marlena helps Orpheus, Clyde stops Ben, and Dr. Rolf shocks Kayla - 23rd October 2020