Creepshow is coming back to television. The 1982 horror movie by Stephen King and George Romero is heading to Shudder with a brand-new horror anthology series.
Here is a look at the Creepshow season 1 release date and what you can expect from this season of the show.
What is the release date of Creepshow season 1 premiere?
Creepshow will hit Shudder on Sept. 26. There will be six total episodes at a total of 12 short horror stories per episode.
Shudder is an on-demand video service available on devices like Roku, Amazon Fire, and more.
With six episodes and 12 stories, there will be a large cast for the upcoming Creepshow series on Shudder.
Announced so far for the series are some big-name actors including Adrienne Barbeau, Giancarlo Esposito, Tobin Bell, David Arquette, Tricia Helfer, Bruce Davison, DJ Qualls, and Kid Cudi.
Creepshow season 1 plot synopsis
Producer Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead) is spearheading the return of Creepshow. The Shudder series will have two stories on each episode.
The best news is that one of the stories is based on a Stephen King short story titled Survivor Type. This story is about a man trapped alone on an island who starts to feed on himself to stay alive.
The first season of Creepshow will pull from short horror stories and here are the stories included this season and the authors who wrote them.
- Gray Matter by Stephen King
- Survivor Type by Stephen King
- By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain by Joe Hill
- The Companion by Joe R. Lansdale
- The House of the Head by Josh Malerman
- The Main in the Suitcase by Christopher Buehlman
- All Hallows Eve by Bruce Jones
- Times is Tough in Musky Holler by John Skipp and Dori Miller
- Lydia Layne’s Better Half by John Harrison and Greg Nicotero
- Skincrawlers by Paul Dini and Stephen Langford
- Night of the Paw by John Esposito
- Bad Wolf Down by Rob Schrab
Creepshow season 1 premieres on Shudder on Sept. 26.
- Mountain Monsters reveals new season premiere date, announces ‘Tribute to Trapper’ special - 23rd November 2020
- Mountain Monsters Season 7 release date: Is show coming back on and when will it return? (2020 update) - 23rd November 2020
- Black Lightning Season 4 will be the end of the DC series on The CW - 21st November 2020