FBG Wooski ‘shot in head but not dead’: Funeral shooting after Vantrease Criss aka Dooski Tha Man killed

FBG Wooski poses with his friend and self-proclaimed twin Cash Tha Don
FBG Wooski, pictured right with his friend Cash Tha Don, was shot while attending the funeral of Dooski Tha Man. Pic credit: @kingopp_wooski/Instagram

Fans of Chicago rapper FBG Wooski are rallying for his quick recovery after learning that he was shot on Monday.

The Fly Boy Gang rapper was attending the funeral for his friend and fellow artist Dooski Tha Man, whose real name is Vantrease Criss, when someone opened fire and he was reportedly shot in the head.

News of the FBG Wooski shooting spread rapidly among local fans, who started posting messages and “RIP” posts to Wooski’s social media accounts.

Someone representing FBG Wooski later posted on his Instagram account to let everyone know that he is expected to pull through.


It all went down at Bethlehem Star Missionary Baptist Church in the Burnside neighborhood of South Side Chicago on Monday as friends and fans attended the funeral for Dooski Tha Man, who was shot and killed earlier this month in the Washington Park neighborhood according to the Chicago Sun-Times. 

Dooski Tha Man died on October 9 after he and a woman who was with him were shot. Both were taken to University of Chicago Medical Center where she was stabilized after having been shot in the foot. Criss, aka Dooski, was pronounced dead approximately 30 minutes after he was shot.

In total, six people were shot at Dooski Tha Man’s funeral yesterday after gunfire broke out in what is being described as a mass shooting. In addition to FBG Wooski, it was reported that four other men were shot in the melee, as well as one woman, who was shot in the leg and lower body. All were transported to area hospitals.

The scene was described as “pandemonium” and on police scanners it was reportedly said that gunfire was coming from both sides of the street as funeral-goers fled for safety.

An area resident, who didn’t want to be identified due to safety concerns, described the gunfire as sounding like a “cannon”. Those in attendance believe that 40 to 50 rounds were fired.

Police responded quickly to the scene, flooding the area with law enforcement as they searched for evidence and made sure that all victims were removed from the area. Investigations are ongoing.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments