After a few months of waiting, fans of MTV’s The Challenge finally have more information about the upcoming Season 35.
On Wednesday, not only was an official premiere date for the show announced, but also the full cast of competitors.
Here’s what we know so far about the upcoming The Challenge Season 35.
MTV’s The Challenge Season 35 is ‘Total Madness’
After several days of teasing fans with letter clues and cryptic Instagram posts, a 30-second trailer arrived on Wednesday.
The new Season 35 of The Challenge is called Total Madness, which lines up with the unscrambled letters from MTV’s IG posts. The most recent of those was a teaser video for an actual trailer with the letters DESMANS which is “MADNESS.”
Here’s a look at The Challenge: Total Madness trailer which gives a good look at some of the competitors and what they’ll be up against.
Read on for more details about the full cast.
Who’s on MTV’s The Challenge Season 35 cast?
According to a US Magazine exclusive, there will be 21 familiar faces and at least seven new ones for The Challenge Season 35 cast.
That means a number of veterans, former Challenge winners, besties, mere acquaintances, and disgruntled enemies will make up this Total Madness season.
Among them are Johnny Bananas who returns for his 20th season and CT who is back for his 17th. Wes Bergman and Aneesa Ferreira return for their 13th seasons.
Last season’s winners CT, Rogan, Jordan, and Dee are back as well as Tori who was there up until the final four.
However, this is reportedly a “solo” season of The Challenge. That means there may be friends, romantic partners, and alliances, but ultimately it’ll be all up to individual performances.
Returning cast members/veterans:
- Stephen Bear (3rd season)
- Wes Bergman (13th season)
- Mattie Breaux (2nd season)
- Kailah Casillas (5th season)
- Kyle Christie (5th season)
- Jenna Compono (8th season)
- Tori Deal (4th season)
- Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio (20th season)
- Aneesa Ferreira (13th season)
- Tula “Big T” Fazakerley (2nd season)
- Nany González (9th season)
- Josh Martinez (3rd season)
- Ashley Mitchell (7th season)
- Dee Nguyen (3rd season – Season 34 winner)
- Rogan O’Connor (3rd season – Season 34 winner)
- Chris “CT” Tamburello (17th season – Season 34 winner)
- Melissa Reeves (3rd season)
- Nelson Thomas (6th season)
- Jennifer West (2nd season)
- Cory Wharton (7th season)
- Jordan Wiseley (6th season – Season 34 winner)
New cast members/rookies:
- Bayleigh Dayton (Big Brother Season 20)
- Christopher Jordan “Swaggy C” Williams (Big Brother Season 20)
- Kaycee Clark (Big Brother Season 20 winner)
- Faysal Shawn “Fessy” Shafaat (Big Brother Season 20)
- Asaf Goren (Big Brother Israel winner)
- Jay Starrett (Survivor: Millenials vs. Gen X, Ex on the Beach)
- Jennifer Lee (The Amazing Race 29)
When will The Challenge Season 35 premiere?
Fans, mark your calendars, set your reminder apps, or memorize the date. The Challenge Season 35 officially comes back on television on Wednesday, April 1.
That is the same as Season 34 which also aired an episode each Wednesday evening. It’s possible the premiere episode will be longer than the others at two hours.
They also began showing longer episodes last season, with many running at near 90 minutes with ads. It’s unknown if MTV will continue with that format, but diehard fans don’t mind it one bit.
Visit the MTV website here to see on-demand episodes for recent seasons.
Watch The Challenge Season 35 premiere on Wednesday, April 1 on MTV at 8/7c.
- The Challenge rumors: Paulie Calafiore clears up his Total Madness absence, claims ‘cover up’ took place - 22nd October 2020
- The Challenge: Johnny Bananas on Sarah Rivals III decision, why most Big Brother stars don’t do well - 22nd October 2020
- The Challenge: Natalie Negrotti praises Ashley Mitchell, suggests show protects some players - 21st October 2020