Lists Recaps Reviews Interviews Explainers

What happened to Colt from 90 Day Fiance? Latest on his and Larissa’s legal drama

Colt from 90 Day Fiance in the confessional
Colt and Larissa are married on 90 Day Fiance, but will it last? Pic credit: TLC

It’s been a rough couple of days for Colt Johnson and Larissa Dos Santos Lima from Season 6 of 90 Day Fiance.

It all started on Saturday night when Larissa launched an online plea for help that ended with her getting arrested.

Many thought Colt was to blame at first, but now many fans of the show don’t know what to think.

For those still wondering what happened with Colt and Larissa, here’s everything we know so far about the dramatic weekend.

It all started — for 90 Day Fiance fans at least — when Larissa shared a video on Instagram where she said she wouldn’t lie anymore.

The now-deleted clip showed an upended shelf and a huge mess in the couple’s Las Vegas home.

Larissa claimed that Colt flew into a fit of rage and destroyed the property, but that was only the beginning.

The new 90 Day Fiance star went on to claim that Colt keeps an eye on her social media pages, not allowing her to share much of their life together.

She also accused her husband of talking to other women on his own Instagram page, something that clearly upsets her.

Soon after posting about their alleged fight, Larissa posted a call for help on her Instagram page. She changed her handle and her bio, asking for followers to help her after Colt took away her phone.

90 Day Fiance fans called Las Vegas police after Larissa's plea for help. Pic credit: @larissachristinjon/Instagram
90 Day Fiance fans called Las Vegas police after Larissa’s plea for help. Pic credit: @larissachristinjon/Instagram

Hundreds of calls reportedly flooded in at the Las Vegas police department after concerned followers contacted authorities on behalf of Larissa.

Soon after, Colt took to Instagram in a now-deleted post to explain what happened. “Larissa was arrested this afternoon,” he wrote. “She suffers from high anxiety and several [sic] depression. She overreacted to problems that do not exist.”

Colt did not deny taking away Larissa’s phone, and also made it clear that the police did show up.

“I proceeded to deactivate her phone to try to defuse the situation. This escalated issues and matters became worse,” Colt shared. “She felt this action was a threat towards her and tried to reach out for help. Not long after her cry was posted, the police came and knocked down the front door. They drew their guns at me and handcuffed me.”

But it wasn’t Colt who was arrested. Instead, police took Larissa to jail, where she would end up spending the night.

This doesn’t mean that Larissa was violent or did anything wrong. In Nevada, when police are summoned for a domestic violence call, they may arrest someone who is completely innocent, has been wrongly accused, or was not the person who started the altercation.

Even though Colt was initially handcuffed, he explained that after police questioned him and other family members, they decided to take Larissa to jail.

Larissa is now back on Instagram and posted a message today as a “Story” on the site, reading: “Hello everyone. Thank you for the support and love. I am safe and resting. The past 48 hours have been the most difficult in life. But reading the messages from all of you has made me smile. God bless and thank you. I’ll update soon.”

Colt has scrubbed his account of any signs of distress over the weekend, but broke his Instagram silence earlier today by posting a picture of one of his cats, and later a picture of Homer Simpson he had seemingly drawn, along with a message laying into “self proclaimed internet sleuths”.

He wrote: “Self proclaimed internet sleuths who think they are Woodward and Bernstein. They are simply people that spread misinformation, lies and chaos to make themselves look important. They are nothing and will never be relevant.”

Bail has since been posted and Larissa is no longer in jail, but is the drama really over? We’re going to say probably not.

There are reports Larissa was initially given a court date of November 13, but that it has now been changed to December 11.

This isn’t the first time Larissa has been arrested. It turns out that Larissa was booked for domestic battery back on June 19. Her bail was reportedly set at $3,000 just like it was initially this time, although her court records in the latest case are said to have been updated to show a $2,000 reduction.

It’s claimed media requests were filed by 90 Day Fiance producers in order to film the court proceedings from the previous arrest, so viewers may well get to watch that drama unfold.

90 Day Fiance airs Sundays at 8/7c on TLC.

Leave a Comment