Exclusive: Married at First Sight bride Mia Bally was detained over stalking claims

Mia Bally mugshot from Married at First Sight
Mia Bally’s mugshot after she was detained. Pic credit: Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office

Married at First Sight bride Mia Bally was detained earlier this year after a warrant was issued for her arrest over a string of stalking claims and another of unauthorized use of a card.

A sneak peek at the end of the Season 7 premiere showed Bally, whose real name is Ameea Bally, being held at an airport while her new husband Tristan Thompson was left pacing up and down unsure as to what was going on.

Now, Monsters and Critics can exclusively reveal international airline recruiter Bally’s mugshot picture after she was detained as a fugitive in March this year by officers from the Texas Department of Public Safety.

They were acting on a felony warrant put out on her from Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office in Louisiana over three charges of stalking her ex-boyfriend and one of unauthorized use of an “access card”.

Mia Bally's arrest warrant
The stalking and access card charges against Mia Bally on her arrest warrant. Pic credit: Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Department

Bally was taken to Tarrant County Jail where her mugshot was taken, but was released after Ouachita Parish declined to extradite her.

Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Monsters and Critics that the arrest warrant for Mia Bally originated after an ex-boyfriend filed a complaint, claiming that he was being harassed and repeatedly stalked by Bally for several months after they split up during the Christmas period of 2016.

On four different occasions, twice in 2017 and twice again in 2018, Mia’s ex-boyfriend filed reports with the police department in Monroe, Louisiana.

The first report was from June 27, 2017, when he complained to police that Mia kept showing up at his home and his place of employment and wouldn’t leave him alone. While police were there taking the report, Mia showed up and was reportedly told by police to stop contact with her ex.

Another report was filed on August 7, 2017, when police were called again. This time, Mia Bally’s ex complained that she was back to calling and texting and had reportedly shown up at his home again.

Mia Bally from Season 7 of Married At First Sight
Mia Bally on Season 7 of Married at First Sight

On January 4, 2018, not long before Mia met and got married to Tristan on Married at First Sight, the ex-boyfriend logged another complaint with the Monroe Police Department. This time it was reported that Bally allegedly texted her ex via Facebook on the day after Christmas, telling him that she’d got him a present.

According to the police report, Bally had ordered an iPhone and two protection plans on Amazon — leaving her ex with a bill of $1455.18, which he was able to recover. According to the police report, he was able to show proof of the charges and the Facebook messages to the officer responding to his call.

Mia’s last reported contact with her ex-boyfriend was on January 18 when he called the Monroe Police Department again to lodge a complaint. This time, Mia had reportedly emailed her ex and asked to get back together, citing the “fun times” that the pair had shared in the past. Her ex also told police on this occasion that what he had reported to them in the past was “only a small portion of contacts Bally has attempted.”

At that point, the Monroe Police Department decided to take action and issued an arrest warrant for Mia Bally on February 6 before she was detained in Tarrant County, Texas, in March.

Married at First Sight airs on Tuesdays at 9/8c on Lifetime. 

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments