This week’s Shark Tank features ENERGYbits — tiny pills made of algae which claim to instantly eliminate tiredness and hunger.
There are four different types of ‘bits’ made by the one company:
- RECOVERYbits, made of Chlorella algae, which claim to help improve your immune system and absorb toxins
- ENERGYbits, made of of Spirulina algae, which aim to quickly give you energy that lasts
- VITALITYbits, made of a mix of Chlorella and Spirulina, which combine the benefits of both the other two pills, and
- SKINNYbits, which are just one calorie each and are made of Spirulina so are two-thirds protein
The ‘bits are sold in bags of 1,000 heavily-compacted tabs, equating to 33 servings of 30 tabs each (which is what the company recommends).
They don’t taste fantastic (they’re algae!) so the firm recommends swallowing them whole rather than chewing them. They say they taste “green, and a bit like nuts”.
And they stress that they’re not medication, but actually food — also comparing them to the way you might eat nuts by the handful.
ENERGYbits says that have been no negative side-effects found, after thousands of scientific studies — and because you’re just eating algae, you can eat as many as you want.
ENERGYbits, RECOVERYbits, VITALITYbits, and SKINNYbits cost $120 for a packet of 1,000 — around a month’s supply if you were to have one serving of 30 tabs a day.
They come with a refillable travel tin to take with you on the move.
- Jay Alvarrez ‘coconut oil’ sex tape leak revealed by Logan Paul and Mike Majlak on Impaulsive podcast - 25th November 2020
- Doctor gets trapped in elevator with critically ill patient in exclusive clip from NBC’s Transplant - 24th November 2020
- Ganguro fashion? Tanning? James Charles and Trisha Paytas war over ‘blackface’ allegations - 20th November 2020