WWE TLC takes place tonight in San Jose, California, and will air live on the WWE Network. Here is a look at the WWE TLC preview, with the scheduled matches, predictions and rumors for the big year-end pay-per-view event.
WWE TLC 2018 Matches
- WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles vs. Daniel Bryan
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
- Smackdown Women’s Championship TLC Match: Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
- RAW Women’s Championship Match: Nia Jax vs. Ronda Rousey
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bar
- WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Cedric Alexander vs. Buddy Murphy
- TLC Match: Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin
- Tables Match: Natalya vs. Ruby Riott
- Chairs Match: Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio
- Ladder Match: Elias vs. Bobby Lashley (Elias’ guitar hanging above the ring)
- Mixed Match Challenge Season 2 Finals: Jinder Mahal and Alicia Fox vs. R-Truth and Carmella
- Finn Balor vs. Drew McIntyre
— WWE (@WWE) December 16, 2018
WWE TLC 2018 Preview
WWE has set up some interesting stipulations for the WWE TLC pay-per-view. The biggest involves the current power struggle on WWE Monday Night Raw.
Baron Corbin has been running Raw with an iron fist for the last two months, screwing over every good guy on the show. Finally, last week Seth Rollins stood up to him and this is the pay-per-view that should finally pay off that angle.
This was a story that has many fans angry and hating Corbin, but that is the point. That will make Braun winning tonight be even more important.
The second biggest story concerns Becky Lynch, who will defend her SmackDown Live women’s title in a triple-threat, tables, ladders and chairs match against Charlotte Flair and Asuka. This is the match with the most excitement surrounding it.
Every drop of who I am will be out there tonight. Every instinct I have will be clawing, surviving, fighting. Asuka you earned your way to a beating, Charlotte always gets hers for free. Tonight I come back to settle some business. Tonight The Man comes around. #WWETLC pic.twitter.com/2GKcqaRh6k
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) December 16, 2018
WWE TLC 2018 Predictions
The Baron Corbin reign of terror looks to be coming to an end. The entire reason he has been so dominant has been to set up his eventual defeat at the hands of Braun Strowman.
There are also two matches involved in this angle where Elias battles Bobby Lashley and Drew McIntyre takes on Finn Balor. Those two look to go to the heels to set up the loss for Corbin and the wholesale changes on Monday Night Raw tomorrow night.
— WWE (@WWE) December 16, 2018
As for Becky Lynch, with the three women involved, don’t be surprised to see her lose her title but not take the pin. This would set up a feud between Charlotte Flair and Asuka and free up Becky to go after Ronda Rousey for their rumored WrestleMania match.
Daniel Bryan should beat AJ Styles to continue his new run as a heel champion.
Expect Dean Ambrose to beat Seth Rollins and win the Intercontinental title. There are big things coming for Rollins in 2019 and expect him to move into the world title scene.
Ronda Rousey will beat Nia Jax easily.
As for the other matches: The Bar will retain their tag team titles, Randy Orton will beat Rey Mysterio, Natalya will beat Ruby Riott, Buddy Murphy over Cedric Alexander, and R-Truth and Carmella will win the Mixed Match Challenge Finals.
- Thor: Love & Thunder director Taika Waititi explains why Marvel hired him - 15th April 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home to reportedly recreate a classic comic book storyline - 15th April 2021
- Top 10 Batman movies, ranked by Rotten Tomatoes score - 15th April 2021