Opinion Recaps Reviews Interviews Explainers

WWE officially removes John Cena from WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia

WWE officially removes John Cena from WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia
John Cena vs. Triple H in Saudi Arabia. Pic credit: WWE

The WWE was in a tough spot when John Cena said that he refused to attend the WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia this weekend.

However, since Cena was already announced to be part of the World Cup, it made it curious how the WWE would handle this if Cena held true to his word.

It sounds like he meant what he said though, and  WWE made their change on Monday Night Raw tonight.

For weeks now, Finn Balor has been making commissioner Baron Corbin look bad. Last week, Balor pinned Bobby Lashley in a match.

Tonight was the rematch between Balor and Lashley and despite interference by Lio Ruse, Balor was still preparing for the coup-de-ras to end the match.

That is when Lio interfered and Balor won by disqualification. After this, Bobby Lashley beat down Finn Balor and then held him so that Lio Rush could slap Finn a couple of times.

After the match, Lio Rush got a text message to go to the trainer’s room and they found Baron Corbin there. It was at this time that Corbin thanked them for beating up Finn Balor.

The reward for Bobby Lashley was his entrance into the World Cup at the Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia. When they asked how there was room. Corbin said that Lashley would replace John Cena.

Baron Corbin then threw some shade at John Cena, saying he was the only one who never earned a spot in the tournament.

John Cena said that he was not going to WWE Crown Jewel due to the controversy surrounding the murder of an American journalist allegedly by the Saudi government.

John Cena wrestled and beat Triple H the last time the WWE put on a show in Saudi Arabia.


If you like this story then follow us on Google News or Flipboard.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments