In 2017, the WWE held a giant tournament to crown their first UK Champion — a tournament won by Tyler Bate. At the time, the WWE teased a new UK based TV show for the WWE Network.
One year later, the WWE is currently holding a new tournament where the winner faces the current WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne. The good news is that the WWE is finally following through on their promise of a WWE UK series.
— WWE (@WWE) June 18, 2018
In a press release sent out on June 18, the WWE announced that tickets go on sale on June 29 for eight live events that will become the new WWE NXT UK television show, which will air on the WWE Network.
The wrestlers will feature the top talent from both the UK and Ireland. Pete Dunne, the current champion, will be the top man (unless he loses his title to the winner of the current tournament). There will also be two new championships introduced — the UK Women’s Championship and the UK Tag Team Championship.
The dates for the WWE NXT UK television tapings are as follows:
- July 28-29 – Corn Exchange in Cambridge
- Aug. 25-26 – NEC Birmingham as part of the UK gaming festival Insomnia
- Oct. 13-14 – Plymouth Pavilions
- Nov. 24-25 – Liverpool Olympia
These tapings will be similar to how the WWE tapes their NXT shows, with four to six shows taped over the two days and then split up into one-hour episodes.
The press release did not mention who would take part in the WWE NXT UK television show.
However, the current tournament taking place at London’s Royal Albert Hall includes Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, Isla Dawn, Toni Storm, Killer Kelly, Jinny, Zack Gibson, Jack Gallagher, Flash Morgan Webster, Jordan Devlin, Joe Coffey, Dave Mastiff, Travis Banks and Ashton Smith.
- Netflix releases new poster for Sweet Tooth ahead of release - 16th May 2021
- Star Wars sending an X-Wing Fighter to the Smithsonian Museum - 16th May 2021
- Star Wars: 10 best characters introduced in the extended universe, ranked - 16th May 2021