The official Preakness Stakes results for 2019 are in. The second leg of the Triple Crown races is now in the books. On the heels of the first disqualification of the winning horse in Kentucky Derby history, fans knew heading into today’s Preakness Stakes that no horse would be vying for the Triple Crown this season. Nevertheless, that didn’t stop them from showing up and making some serious wagers.
Preakness Stakes 2019 results, winner
Heading into the 2019 Preakness, trainer Bob Baffert was once again front and center. After all, his horse Improbable was the favorite to take home the crown. With jockey Mike Smith riding, Improbable was bringing in a lot of late wagering.
— NBC Sports (@NBCSports) May 18, 2019
Out of the field of 13, only Bourbon War 4-1, Alwaysmining 6-1, War of Will 7-1 and Owendale 8-1 were supposed to give Improbable a run for the money. That means the other half of the field had some extremely high odds heading into this Grade I Stakes race.
In the end, the horse with most will crossed the finish line first — War of Will.
The payouts for the 2019 Preakness were huge! With War of Will (6-1) capturing the crown, it set up some nice perfecta and trifecta payouts. War of Will paid 14.20 to win 7.40 place and $5.40 to show. Behind War of Will was Everfast who was a whopping 25-1, making a $2 Exacta pay nearly $1,000!
Here are your payouts.
- $2 Exacta — 1-10 ($947.00)
- $1 Trifecta — 1-10-5 ($4,699.80)
- $1 Superfecta — 1-10-5-3 ($51,924)
- Win – War of Will 6-1
- Place – Everfast 25-1
- Show – Owendale 7-1
- 4th – Warriors Charge 12-1
- Hank Steinbrenner cause of death was ‘longstanding health issue’ say Yankees, not coronavirus - 15th April 2020
- Alex Rodriguez and Jose Canseco: What is the beef between them all about? - 13th April 2020
- Detroit Lions rumors: Six teams ready to trade for Lions’ No. 3 pick in 2020 NFL Draft - 11th April 2020