Super Bowl Sunday is coming. On February 2, all eyes will be on the biggest football game of the year as the Kansas City Chiefs face the San Francisco 49ers to determine the newest Super Bowl champion.
While millions will watch the game, weather extraordinaire Punxsutawney Phil wants to remind everyone that he has an assignment on Sunday as well. In case you may have forgotten, February 2 is not just Super Bowl Sunday, but it is also Groundhog Day.
Punxsutawney Phil prop bets
It’s true, that you really can bet on anything in Las Vegas. If you look around hard enough, you can bet on almost anything – including Punxsutawney Phil’s weather prediction results this Groundhog Day!
Will Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow this year? Are we in store for an early winter?
Thousands of people are set to show up to see Phil’s fearless weather prediction happen live at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. There are also sportsbooks giving folks an opportunity to wager on Phil’s outcome that day.
If you aren’t familiar with Phil’s prediction methods, here is how it works.
As legend has it, if Phil sees his shadow, it is believed there will be an extended winter lasting another six weeks or longer. If he does not see his shadow, an early spring arrival is expected.
When you really think about it, wagering on Phil’s prediction seems riskier than putting money on a WWE match. Yet, people love this type of exotic wagering.
The catch to this prop bet is that Phil is only the first part of the wager. The second part involves correctly predicting the winner of Super Bowl 54. So you’ll need to have picked the Chiefs or 49ers in addition to predicting what Phil does.
After Phil comes Super Bowl 54
If you predict Phil’s weather forecast correctly you are halfway home. Then you will have to wait to see if you have the right team predicted to win Super Bowl 54.
This prop wager plays out more like a parlay since you need to get both parts of the bet correct.
Groundhog Day #SuperBowl props! (SI)
– Phil sees shadow & Chiefs win SB +350
– Phil does not see shadow & Chiefs win SB +250
– Phil sees shadow & 49ers win SB +400
– Phil does not see shadow & 49ers win SB +300
-Will the Joe Buck mention Groundhog Day?
No -500 pic.twitter.com/ZXBJA4TawK
— Sports Odds Daily (@Sportsoddsdaily) January 31, 2020
Following Phil, you have to have either the Chiefs or 49ers picked correctly for the Super Bowl winner.
For example, if you believe Phil will see his shadow and the Chiefs will win the game, both have to happen for you to win.
Yes, these props are zany and are mostly meant for having some fun on Super Bowl Sunday. Of course, it never hurts to make some money along the way!
Here is the list of prop bets that could score you a lot of cash for little risk. The bottom two prop wagers are the riskiest, but also bring the most reward if they end up happening!
- Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow and Chiefs win the Super Bowl +350
- Punxsutawney Phil does not see shadow and Chiefs win the Super Bowl +250
- Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow and 49ers win the Super Bowl +400
- Punxsutawney Phil does not see shadow and 49ers win the Super Bowl +300
- Will the Joe Buck mention Groundhog Day? Yes +300 — No -500
- Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow and the 49ers get shut out +10000
- Punxsutawney Phil sees does not see his shadow and the Chiefs get shut out +15000
Viewers can watch Super Bowl 54 on FOX on Sunday, February 2, at 6:30/5:30c.
- Hank Steinbrenner cause of death was ‘longstanding health issue’ say Yankees, not coronavirus - 15th April 2020
- Alex Rodriguez and Jose Canseco: What is the beef between them all about? - 13th April 2020
- Detroit Lions rumors: Six teams ready to trade for Lions’ No. 3 pick in 2020 NFL Draft - 11th April 2020