Will Ragnar’s indiscretions with Lagertha threaten his marriage? Will Lagertha stay by her husband’s side or leave him? Will she smack him with her shield? Will he come to his senses? Is there another child on the way? Will this become a Nordic ‘Sister Wives’? The pictures LOOK like Princess Aslaug is well along in a pregnancy…I know! Lots of questions and we have to wait to get the answers! I hate waiting.
‘Vikings’ fans steel yourselves, Floki looks like he’s mortally wounded in the first trailer. Season Two of History’s hit scripted series is around the corner premiering Thursday, February 27 at 10 p.m.
At the conclusion of season one, Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) was unfaithful to his wife Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) with Princess Aslaug (Alyssa Sutherland).
The continuing presence of Donal Logue as King Horrik is another huge plus.
Are you as excited as we are for the return of this visceral drama?
New Cast Members:
· Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games) as Bjorn, the intelligent and bold warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok
· Linus Roache (Law & Order) as Ecbert, King of Wessex, a man of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition
· Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok, a restless young warrior and family man who longs to find and conquer new lands across the sea and claim the spoils as his own.
· Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, a fierce shield maiden and Ragnar’s wife.
· Clive Standen as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive, wild, care-free brother.
· George Blagden as Athelstan, a young and not-so-innocent Monk.
· Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy, beautiful wife of the late Earl Haraldson
· Donal Logue as King Horrik, who desires to make the increasingly famous Earl Ragnar an ally and supporter.
· Gustaf Skarsgard, as Floki, a ship builder who designs the new generation of Vikings ships
· Alyssa Sutherland as Princess Aslaug, Ragnar’s new love interest. Boo!
In episode one airing on 2/27 Aslaug makes her way to Kattegat and brings with her a surprise that leaves Ragnar in a difficult predicament. Who will he choose? You’ll have to tune-in to find out, but this house of cards is surely set to come crumbling down as Ragnar tries to juggle his complicated love life and his sudden ascent to greatness.