Oh to be dressed as Lagertha….Braided hair with wild extensions and a shield maiden’s corset! Looking for your handsome Ragnar at … the Con! Years ago, it was all drunken Boba Fetts, Sailor Moons, Nurse Jokers blah, blah, blah… but NOW, thanks to HISTORY, we can get all Nordic-y up in the Hall H-hizzle. Crack the Aquavit and get your Seer approved convention shoes on:
If you are heading to Comic-Con in San Diego, HISTORY’s Vikings is gonna rape and pillage (metaphorically speaking) the Gaslamp district, so get those party horns parked squarely on your head as the network has loads of fun stuff planned, including:
•VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH – CONVENTION CENTER
- Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
- Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
•VIKINGS HORNS – GASLAMP DISTRICT
- Last year’s successful Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.
- Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders
- Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
•VIKINGS LONGSHIP – DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT
- Let fans conquer San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor.
- The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride
- Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.