Don’t Breathe scared up a winning $26.1million at the box office this weekend.
Screen Gems’ frightener only cost $10million to make so will make excellent profits for Sony by the time it finishes its run, one reason the genre is so popular with studios.
Suicide Squad spent three weeks at the number one spot, despite its lukewarm reviews. It took in $12.1million to land the number two spot.
The very beautiful Kubo and the Two Strings stop-motioned its way to $7.9 million and the number three spot.
Another very different animation at number four in the form of adult themed comedy Sausage Party.
Jason Stratham debuts at the fifth spot with Mechanic: Resurrection, which took $7.5million.
The rest of the top ten was taken up with Pete’s Dragon, War Dogs, Bad Moms, Jason Bourne and Ben-Hur.
Weekend Box Office Estimates
1. Don’t Breathe – $26.1million
Don’t Breathe Trailer
2. Suicide Squad – $12.1million
Suicide Squad Trailer
3. Kubo and the Two Strings – $7.9million
Kubo and the Two Strings Trailer
4. Sausage Party – $7.7million
Sausage Party Trailer
5. Mechanic: Resurrection – $7.5million
Mechanic: Resurrection Trailer
6. Pete’s Dragon – $7.3million
Pete’s Dragon Trailer
7. War Dogs – $7.3million
War Dogs Trailer
8. Bad Moms – $5.8million
Bad Moms Trailer
9. Jason Bourne – $5.2million
Jason Bourne Trailer
10. Ben-Hur – $4.5million
- 21 pics of Lisa Rinna showing how little she’s aged over the years - 27th October 2019
- Anthony Garcia’s rage fuelled murders of Thomas Hunter, Roger Brumback and two others subject of ID’s Impact of Murder - 11th August 2019
- Murders of serial killer Bernard Eugene Giles spotlighted on ID’s Evil Lives Here - 11th August 2019