Full disclosure: Monsters & Critics received free entry to the attraction mentioned in this article for review. However, the opinions expressed are independent and our own.
July in Orlando is where it’s at baby! Hot…check. Sticky…check. Pack your shorts, chop off your hair and prepare to Muggle it up at the newly improved Wizarding World of Harry Potter and get your butterbeer groove on.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is our favorite part of the Universal Studios’ Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. Today they announced that as of July 8, the Diagon Alley expansion of the Potter-area is open for business.
Monsters and Critics is here now, and we are excited to share that Fandango’s Dave Karger is their official host for The Diagon Alley Red Carpet Event webcast tonight!
The brand-new expansion will see new attractions:
– Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes: Buy tricks and treats in the Weasley twins’ joke shop.
– The Leaky Cauldron: Universal’s version of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron is where you can sample a menu of British pub fare.
– Ollivander’s: This is where you can buy your wand.
– Scribbulus: This store features feather quills, ink and inkwells, journals and other writing necessities.
– Madam Malkin’s: Hogwarts student attire, wizard’s robes and character costumes.
– Quality Quidditch Supplies: Props brooms, sweaters and other Quidditch finds from the films.
– Florean Fortescue’s: Sugar sugar sugar, Florean’s serves up unique flavors of ice cream, including Butterbeer flavor.
– Gringotts Bank: A fire-breathing dragon at the very top of the bank greets as you enter… animatronic goblins busy at work behind the counters. You can experience the “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts” ride, which will take you deep into the vaults of the bank.
– Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment: Shop op: Once you exit Gringotts, you can head to this gift shop to buy souvenirs.
In “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” a new land was introduced called Knockturn Alley. Buy some “evil” goods like Death Eater masks and skulls in Borgin and Burkes.
Guests will also be able to ride the Hogwarts Express iconic transport from Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure to King’s Cross in Universal Studios.
You can catch Dave interviewing Harry Potter film talent, live from the red carpet, starting at 8pm EST on Wednesday night.
Dave is the Chief Correspondent at Fandango, where he hosts the original video series Weekend Ticket and Frontrunners. He appears regularly on Access Hollywood and E! and has made over 150 live appearances on NBC’s Today show. In 2012 and 2013, he was the Academy’s official red-carpet greeter on Oscar night.
You can even submit your own questions for him to ask during the show. Just follow @UniversalORL on Twitter and submit questions using #DiagonAlleyPreview during the show.
Join us with Dave as we celebrate the opening of Diagon Alley this Wednesday at 8pm.
Watch Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Hart at Universal Orlando!!