What are your Oak Island theories?

There are so many theories about Oak Island and what happened there. Interested to know what you all think?.... (((Pressure test your pipe at H8 I think it's what it's called, seal top of pipe with one way valve in middle of cap start adding air pressure to it and get ready.... It will push all the water out then start blowing big air bubbles where water is coming in, on the river we called it pressure testing, it was used on boats and barges

I've been watching from day one. There's a lot of evidence of Templar or Free Mason symbols and engineering. I think fresh water may itself be the treasure. The coconut fibers in the French drains were filters to the main well. Perhaps this was a dry dock for a ship, docking or maybe construction. So actually the shafts would not have been booby traps, but we're purpose-built flood tunnels. The use could have been a permanent water source for a hidden town or ship dock. My opinion is that the treasure was just a ruze to get workers to dig the shafts. But as a fan of the show I'll keep watching to find out.

There are so many theories about Oak Island and what happened there. Interested to know what you all think?
Hi. I just started binge watching. I’m on season 5. My theory is that a natural cave system was used. There are lots of sea caves in that area. The entrance was probably visible and in the swamp/ land bridge area. I’m guessing they filled up the land bridge/ swamp area to hide the entrance. They built the money pit shaft as back door or hidden entrance. This would explain a lot: why they keep finding man made items in natural chambers. Instead of being disappointed it’s “natural,” they should find the cave entrance. The only man made structural thing I think is the hidden back door. I think this makes more sense to me. It’s possible a team could spend effort on a single back door and just use a natural cave system v. Thinking a team did lots of tunnels and chambers that deep. Please share with the fellowship! That is, if my idea is new.

Mary

I don't know but I enjoy the story! I have always said it is not the end of the story that matters>It's the telling of the story that makes it enjoyable! I really think they will find something but if they do I will not have anything to look forward to each week(oh well> I guess Berning Sea Gold). Have a nice day everyone reading this!

My question about Oak Island since I started watching this series is when was all of this work done? Building the dams to hold back the ocean so that the flood tunnels could be constructed, excavating down to the bottom of the money pit, building the chambers and then back filling everything. This does not include the time it would have taken to sail to Bermuda to harvest all of the coconut fiber to act as a filter for the flood tunnels. The logs from the U shaped structure and the slip way only predates the discovery of the money pit by roughly 20 years. I would think that if all of the work was that close to the discovery it would have been noticed. I also think that the landscape would still show signs of being worked up and the plant life would not have had time to get well established.
I believe the Slipway and those structures may have been an undocumented attempt to recover the treasures.

I also wonder about some of the so called marker stones, given the time and tech of when the treasure was buried how would they place them on the ocean floor in the proper place and orientation and how would they ever expect to locate them again?

Conny

Imp
My favorite theory is that of
Henry Frederick. Here is his commentary on the broadcast of
Frank Stoner (2 years ago) Super Frank ... you feel your heart's blood on the topics mentioned. Let me just a few comments, from my years of research on the topics. But I have dealt with the deciphering of the texts of Nostradamus (Damus Nostra = We tell you one thing with. Where the matter is also a secret) Centuries busy. It took me 4.5 years to get the complete decrypted text with the code / key. It's about 5 places where the Templars left something for posterity. Oak Island is assigned the "Okulte" in it. What is meant that all fonts and documents were deposited there in a chamber. In addition, a signet ring of the Templars and the holy lance (spear of the Shich valley) were deposited there. In the picture "The Shepherds of Arcadia" is solely the statement for Oak Island, in the shadow of the sarcophagus. Also there the original spear is indicated. Thus, the original entrance to this chamber is also described, since this shaft has always been constructed as a trap. Through this shaft you never get to the real treasure. But as you said the shaken spear ... you just knew very well how to disguise things. By the way ... also our worthy poet prince Goethe, has something to do with his "Faust".

PS: One more thing ... the sacred lance is needed for the Untersberg (Salzburg). Also called the Prophet's Stone. So it does not use anything if you find it ... then expose it somehow. The found artifacts are there to use, so you have to hide them.

About Untersberg: HISTORICAL
The Knights Templar Hubertus of Linz had a manifestation of the Babylonian goddess Isaiah in the ruins of Nineveh in Iraq today. Mesopotamia in a hiding place on Untersberg.
"The Lords of the Black" Stone - The Order of the Knights Templar until the 19th century. The Illuminati of Mozart's time found a cave on the Untersberg for their rituals. Hitler and Himmler knew the Black Stone on the Untersberg and wanted to use it for its own purposes. Obergruppenfuhrer Kammler, who was responsible for the jet weapons (so-called jets) and the underground buildings in the Third Reich, succeeded in locating the time phenomenon on the Untersberg and making personal use of it. If the temper has been secured, it is still not found.
But that too is just a theory, but exciting.

Gary

Imp
I keep wondering if all the tunnels and treasure vaults that are supposed to be there were manmade, how many men and how long would it have taken to construct. Let's speculate that it took 150-200 men several years to build the elaborate maze of tunnels and flood channels. If they only worked in the spring and summer that would have increased the time line by maybe several more years. So, thinking about all these people working and living on the island for an unknown number of years, wouldn't they have left some sign of habitation that could be located and dated. There should be, if all the speculation about the manmade earthworks is true, there should be quite a bit of evidence of habitation dating back to the 1500's. There should be a treasure trove of artifacts left behind when construction was finished. There must have been a village of some size on the island where everyday life was spent, preparing and consuming food and tool making and repair and on and on. Another question comes to mind as well. If I was to excavate down to 200 feet, I would do it like a mine and start at an angle from a point some distance away from the target just like the builders of the the treasure vaults would have done and intersect the desired location at the proper depth. Water would need to be continuously pumped out and dealt with like in todays mines. This method would do much less damage to the island's surface than digging a huge hole and disturbing other artifacts which might lead to other discoveries at a later date. It seems to me that this whole process of digging with large equipment does more damage than good to the cause.j

James Wray

Administrator
It seems to me that this whole process of digging with large equipment does more damage than good to the cause.j
Worth remembering too, that back a few decades ago the guy who built the causeway actually used a massive digger to excavate big parts of the island down to some considerable depth...so I think would be interesting if they concentrated on areas he did not dig up.

There are so many theories about Oak Island and what happened there. Interested to know what you all think?
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, so I will!
If the curse of Oak Island is a real curse, the treasure should be found now! Dan was the 7th one to die while looking for the treasure. After all, he was a part of the team looking for the treasure.
Just a thought!
Thanks for the opportunity!

TimeWalker

Last edited:
My question in all of this is when was the 'treasure' supposedly buried? If there is a ship buried in the swamp, if there are flood tunnels, if the money pit and any connecting tunnels were also dug when did it happen. We are talking very labor intensive and time consuming activities not to mention sending a ship to the Bahamas to harvest enough coconut fiber to work as a filter for the flood tunnels. They hint at maybe thirty years before the three boys discovered the money pit but if that were the case I would have to assume that there were already settlers along the coast who would have seen all of the ships coming and going from such a small and unimportant island.

Also that kind of excavation work would have tore up the landscape pretty badly, lots of trees would be cut down. In thirty years would all evidence of that be gone?

All of that being said, one thing that has intrigued me and I don't know if it has been investigated or commented on. In the swamp on the east side there is that spur of land that juts out into the swamp. It looks like it is right in the center of that leg of the triangle and it comes off it at almost 90 degree angles and extends to almost the center of the swamp. It has never looked natural to me. anyone know if it has been investigated or was it built by a treasure hunter searching the swamp?

I think they should do a systematic metal detection survey of the entire west side of the island, particularly lot 21 and 27. It is becoming clear that there was a black smith shop set up on lot 27 and they have made several finds there.

Another thing, have they ever said if the water in the swamp is fresh or salt water? Going by the plant growth I would guess fresh but that would mean that there is a rather large artisanal spring feeding it from some point considering how hard it is to keep it pumped dry. If it is salt water then there has to be an opening to the ocean somewhere because I do not believe water could sub in that quickly.

Oh, one last thing, if you look on Google Maps you can see images of the work they have done this last year, the expansion of the coffer dam in smith cove and also signs of a rather large excavation on the west side of the island.

Tim S.

Imp
I love the show but hate a lot of same things already mentioned, the facial expressions and the repetition of things previously aired. I also felt like on several instances of metal detected artifacts that they where planted for tv. I’m not sure who yet but I believe they are man made tunnels deep. They are flooded so was this natural or orchestrated by man? They have now found it to be latter and the enormous effort to do this means to me it was for some purpose. I do believe Sir Francis Drake was architect and was used by Templar’s for maybe multiple deposits. I think they “eye” of swamp is major key and swamp was made for reason. I think it is being drug out for tv but sometime in near future there will be a major find!

Tim S.

Imp
My question in all of this is when was the 'treasure' supposedly buried? If there is a ship buried in the swamp, if there are flood tunnels, if the money pit and any connecting tunnels were also dug when did it happen. We are talking very labor intensive and time consuming activities not to mention sending a ship to the Bahamas to harvest enough coconut fiber to work as a filter for the flood tunnels. They hint at maybe thirty years before the three boys discovered the money pit but if that were the case I would have to assume that there were already settlers along the coast who would have seen all of the ships coming and going from such a small and unimportant island.

Also that kind of excavation work would have tore up the landscape pretty badly, lots of trees would be cut down. In thirty years would all evidence of that be gone?

All of that being said, one thing that has intrigued me and I don't know if it has been investigated or commented on. In the swamp on the east side there is that spur of land that juts out into the swamp. It looks like it is right in the center of that leg of the triangle and it comes off it at almost 90 degree angles and extends to almost the center of the swamp. It has never looked natural to me. anyone know if it has been investigated or was it built by a treasure hunter searching the swamp?
It is stone pathway just north of the 200’ anomaly going back to east side. There is stone ring in the eye at tip of swamp just as all seeing eye and pyramid on back of $1 bill. Only waiting and excavation permit from gov.

Tim S.

Imp
Hi. I just started binge watching. I’m on season 5. My theory is that a natural cave system was used. There are lots of sea caves in that area. The entrance was probably visible and in the swamp/ land bridge area. I’m guessing they filled up the land bridge/ swamp area to hide the entrance. They built the money pit shaft as back door or hidden entrance. This would explain a lot: why they keep finding man made items in natural chambers. Instead of being disappointed it’s “natural,” they should find the cave entrance. The only man made structural thing I think is the hidden back door. I think this makes more sense to me. It’s possible a team could spend effort on a single back door and just use a natural cave system v. Thinking a team did lots of tunnels and chambers that deep. Please share with the fellowship! That is, if my idea is new.

Mary
They have many cores that contain hand cut wood in both vertical and horizontal locations. What has been found in a chamber? They’re have been things seen by video but unable to confirm. Oh wait ur only on season 5, when ur caught up please repost.

Tim S.

Imp
I'm pretty skeptical but if there was to be a treasure on an island in that area then I'd guess the most likely source would not something like the Copper Scroll of the Qumran Essenes or the Ark of the Covenant left by Templars fleeing persecution in Europe but most likely something buried by one of the many privateers and pirates who did ply the eastern coast a few hundred years ago. Though often their treasures were looted cargos and trade goods, even opium from forays to the Indian Ocean.

So maybe something like that?
I don’t think a pirate would’ve had resources or patience to construct what has been found far and wide underground. Even if they’re is galleon at bottom of swamp I don’t think they would go to all the trouble to hide it. Why not scuttle were it floats? I really believe there was more than 1 treasure and these deposits were made over many years.

I'm in UK and been watching the shows, often we are behind you for time shown on TV,
BUT
What has amazed me is what gets missed / overlooked.

The tunnels were built from wood, as was the flood tunnels, so where did the wood come from, not from the trees as they would need huge ammount of work to make them into suitable planking and beams, so they would have logically used the ships planking and beams.

There have been finds of metal nails and wood planking in the swamp. So originally two islands, sail ships between them, dam the ends, drain the water and you then disasemble the ships to use in building the underground structures. A few bits missed or lost are what have been found in the swamp.

No way would the miners have transported wood away from the disassembly point, so the underground tunnels would start close to the swamp, and head down towards the money pit area. The miners who dug the tunnels would have started at an easy location, and the soil coming out of the tunel complex would have been dumped as close as possible to the entrance, which would have been into the dissassembly area, hence the coins lost by miners being found in the swamp area.

No one has thought to look at the sides of the swamp to find the start of the underground tunnels, would have been easier and cheaper to start here first.
First the huge amount of work of making the shoring for underground tunneling wouldn’t compare to task of digging them. Wood from a ship is fairly thin so it can be formed and wouldn’t hold up to weight of dirt. The wood found has been dated using a really accurate method and u can see the axe marks in timber. There would’ve been plenty of trees on island hence name. Have u seen seismic data on swamp? 200’ anomaly with stone path at bow. You may be on to something though about excavated soil. It could have been used to create swamp via the stone circle shaft at tip of triangle. They cannot do any excavation there until government permits are done.

Tim S.

Imp
I've been watching from day one. There's a lot of evidence of Templar or Free Mason symbols and engineering. I think fresh water may itself be the treasure. The coconut fibers in the French drains were filters to the main well. Perhaps this was a dry dock for a ship, docking or maybe construction. So actually the shafts would not have been booby traps, but we're purpose-built flood tunnels. The use could have been a permanent water source for a hidden town or ship dock. My opinion is that the treasure was just a ruze to get workers to dig the shafts. But as a fan of the show I'll keep watching to find out.
If flood tunnels was the goal then why wait all that time to do it? It’s known that the “money pit” was dug down into 90’ before flooded by McGinnis and friends.

Tim S.

Imp
I'm pretty skeptical but if there was to be a treasure on an island in that area then I'd guess the most likely source would not something like the Copper Scroll of the Qumran Essenes or the Ark of the Covenant left by Templars fleeing persecution in Europe but most likely something buried by one of the many privateers and pirates who did ply the eastern coast a few hundred years ago. Though often their treasures were looted cargos and trade goods, even opium from forays to the Indian Ocean.

So maybe something like that?
I don’t think a pirate would’ve had resources or patience to construct what has been found far and wide underground. Even if they’re is galleon at bottom of swamp I don’t think they would go to all the trouble to hide it. Why not scuttle were it floats? I really believe there was more than 1 treasure and these deposits were made over many years.