Smiths Cove

Hello,

Last season some pipes were uncovered and am wondering why no explanation for them has been given. In the latest photos of Smith's cove it appears that the area will soon be reclaimed by the sea. Metal seawall removed and all all of the discoveries found buried. To me all of this is puzzling.

Is the team done in the Cove area?

M. Monsour

Soapsuds

Gremlin
I think the team did not conclude what the purpose of the pipes were. So much of what they find is subject to speculation, as is the entire field of archaeology.

I just found them highly unusual given the place where they were looking. And, were not natural. And no explanation.

Soapsuds

Gremlin
I agree. Given the strangeness of the situation we might have expected more conjecture, testing, follow-up, etc. what do you think they were used for?

I am unsure but its just makes me feel as tho something was there! And it does post date all of the treasure hunt finds so far. It does kinda feel like after theses pipes showed up all smiths cove work stopped. Not being an engineer on the subject but if it was of modern era construction it would have been done by Ontario Hydro? or a CDN Government thing? Hell maybe even cable tv.

I guess they maybe should have mentioned it or not included it in the broadcast.

Soapsuds

Gremlin
I am unsure but its just makes me feel as tho something was there! And it does post date all of the treasure hunt finds so far. It does kinda feel like after theses pipes showed up all smiths cove work stopped. Not being an engineer on the subject but if it was of modern era construction it would have been done by Ontario Hydro? or a CDN Government thing? Hell maybe even cable tv.

I guess they maybe should have mentioned it or not included it in the broadcast.
Do you have any ideas about what might have been there?

Ontario hydro?? not Nova Scotia hydro?