GOT's anti-dragon ballista bs

James Wray

Administrator
Staff member
I'm no expert in ancient weapons unless you count a misspent youth paying Warhammer, but taking out a flying dragon from a ship using a ballista has got to be one of the most ridiculous things yet seen on Game of Thrones.

I mean I can cope with no main characters wearing helmets in battle, even though it is the number one thing you'd have on, for the sake drama but you'd have trouble hitting a fast-moving dragon with a gun from a sailing ship under full sail, never mind some cumbersome giant bow.

Anyway, this along with the crazy tactics we saw at Winterfell against the NIght King just rubbed me up the wrong way a bit. Who charges skirmish cavalry directly into unknown enemies...

Plus it was a kinda weak ending for a dragon right? I know grumble grumble.

I am constantly amazed at how quickly they can swing those Scorpions around while chasing the dragon. Well, that was until Daenerys finally remembered she had dragons and burned them all.

James Wray

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I mean in E5 she managed to wipe out all the ones positioned in the Iron Fleet's ships and dozens on the walls with no problem. I thought the whole point of the Scorpions was to show the dragons were not invincible then one dragon pretty much manages to win the entire siege. Be interesting to see what happens to Drogon in the final episode...

James Wray

Administrator
Staff member
Who knows, I've read conflicting leaks. Also, I'm wondering if the white walkers might make a final appearance leaving the opportunity for a sequel. In that case, more dragons would be mighty handy! Plus, now been a while since I read the books, but I'm pretty sure they always come back even after being defeated.