Strike Witches Season 3 has been officially announced 10 long years after the anime TV series finished the second season in Japan. The third season, Strike Witches: Road To Berlin, was confirmed during a 10th-anniversary event. What’s more, the Strike Witches novel series will be rebooted with a new author.
The original novel series known as Strike Witches Suomus Iranko Chutai (Suomus Misfit Squad) was three volumes and it was written by Noboru Yamaguchi, who is also known for writing The Familiar Of Zero.
Yamaguchi died in 2013, but the series certainly did not die with him since the story originally started with a 2005 manga. Writer Toshihiko Tsukiji and illustrator Kosuke Tsukinami will be rebooting the Strike Witches novel series starting on October 1, 2018.
Besides the two anime seasons that aired in 2008 and 2010, there has been a 2012 Strike Witches movie, a 2016 anime spin-off called Brave Witches, OVA episodes, and multiple Strike Witches manga series.
An anime adaptation of the manga Strike Witches 501 Butai Hasshinshimasu! (Strike Witches 501st Unit, Taking Off!) is releasing in 2019. Yet another anime TV series called Idol Witches (working title) will be premiering in 2021 and continue the war on flight pants.
This article provides everything that is known about Strike Witches Season 3 and all related news. As such, this article will be updated over time with news, rumors, and analysis. Meanwhile, let’s delve down into what is known for certain.
Strike Witches Season 3 Release Date Is In 2020
As of the last update, the production of the Strike Witches: Road To Berlin anime has been officially confirmed, but the exact premiere date is unknown. Once the Strike Witches Season 3 release date is officially confirmed this article will be updated with the relevant information. In the meantime, here’s what is known about the anime project.
Artist Humikane Shimada is the original creator and character designer for the mixed media series. Director Kazuhiro Takamura of David Production is returning to adapt Shimada’s designs. Striker Unit is credited for the series composition, while Tatsuhiko Urata (who worked on the first two seasons) is returning as the chief writer.
The Strike Witches Season 3 cast is listed as the following:
- Misato Fukuen as Yoshika Miyafuji
- Saori Seto as Mio Sakamoto
- Kaori Nazuka as Lynette Bishop
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Perrine-H. Clostermann
- Rie Tanaka as Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
- Mie Sonozaki as Gertrud Barkhorn
- Sakura Nogawa as Erica Hartmann
- Chiwa Saito as Francesca Lucchini
- Ami Koshimizu as Charlotte E Yeager
- Mai Kadowaki as Sanya V. Litvyak
- Ayuru Ōhashi as Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
Staff members for producing Strike Witches: Road To Berlin include:
- Writers: Takashi Aoshima, Toshihiko Tsukiji
- Worldview Setting, Military Investigation: Takaaki Suzuki
- Series Literature: Shinya Murakami
- Neuroi Design: Naohiro Washio
- Music: Seikou Nagaoka
- Music Production: Nippon Columbia
- Sound Director: Tomohiro Yoshida
- Sound Effects: Mutsuhiro Nishimura
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
- Producer: Takashi Tachizaki
The Strike Witches Season 3 trailer gives a little hint about the story. It’s apparently based on an Operation Southwind and involves the Strikes Witches characters taking on a heavily defended city.