A hero dog is making a miraculous recovery after being bitten three times while protecting a girl and her grandma from a rattlesnake.
Haus the German shepherd bravely placed himself between Molly DeLuca, 7, and her grandma after spotting the snake while they were playing in the family’s backyard.
The snake struck three times, sinking its fangs into two-year-old Haus’s front right leg and injecting him with highly dangerous venom.
Owner Donya DeLuca, Molly’s mum, told Today: “He instantly positioned himself between the snake and Molly, so at first, her and her grandma didn’t even realize what he was staring at — but then all of a sudden there was all of this blood.”
Haus was rushed to BluePearl veterinary hospital in Tampa, Florida, in a critical condition and put on a non-stop anti-venom drip because he had so much of the toxin in his system.
But after fighting through he is now expected to make a full recovery.
Donya said: “It’s semi-miraculous, his condition. What keeps me going is how he still flicks his tail every time he sees me come in to his kennel, even though I know he’s hurting.”