Spirits of the Season 2014 will bring you the hottest new recipes, spirits and wines from the coolest distilleries, vineyards, restaurants and bars from all across the globe!
Since fall is officially here and Halloween is in a week, this is the perfect time to stock the bar and warm up with some spice. Whether you’re gathered with close family and friends or attending a holiday party this season, newcomers like Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice and standby bar basic must-haves like Malibu Black, Sauza Blue and an array of SkinnyGirl lower calorie vodkas make a wide variety of drinks to serve of-age revelers.
Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice is a limited edition flavor features the seasonal twist of natural pumpkin and delicious autumnal spices blended with 100% Arabica coffee and sugarcane rum.
Malibu Black combines the smooth coconut flavor with a higher proof (70 proof) and less sweetness for a bolder taste for mixed drinks and Sauza Blue Reposado (introduced in 2011) is made from 100% Blue Agave for margaritas and other drinks with a rounder richer flavor than a silver tequila. Sauza Blue is made using the proprietary fresh-pressed agave process and is available in both Silver and Reposado and is comprised of 100% agave.
Print these drink recipes up and make sure you have on hand fresh half-and-half, cola, lemon/lime soda and vanilla and plain simple syrup along with fresh ingredients like cucumber, apple cider, lemon, lime and any seasonal fruits.
Spiced Russian (our favorite)
- 1.5 parts Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice
- .5 part SkinnyGirl Tangerine Vodka
- 1 part half and half
Build over ice in a rocks glass, and stir. Garnish with freshly-grated nutmeg.
- 2 parts Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice
- Top with apple cider and Lemon squeeze
Build over ice in a highball glass, and stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- 1.75 parts Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice
- .25 part Frangelico
- Top with cola
Build over ice in a highball glass, and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Kahlúa Pumpkin Martini
- 1 ½ parts Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice
- 1 ½ parts Bare Naked SkinnyGirl Vodka
Combine over ice in shaker- shake well and strain into martini glass.
- 1 ½ parts Malibu® Black
- 1 part vanilla simple syrup*
- 1 part cream or half and half
- 1 part lemon-lime soda
Shake ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, then strain into a martini glass.
*For vanilla simple syrup, add a few drops vanilla extract to a mixture of one part sugar and one part water
Malibu® Black Cat
- 1 part Malibu® Black
- 3 parts ginger beer
Build over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Hot Pumpkin Tequila Toddy
- 2 parts Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper® Mixologist Collection Ginger
- 6 parts apple cider
- ½ part real pumpkin puree
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small lemon sliced into wheels
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Dash of fresh ground nutmeg
Preparation: In a non-reactive sauce pan, combine all ingredients except the whipped cream and heat just until steam rises then lower heat to keep warm. To serve, ladle into coffee mugs, top with whipped cream and dust with fresh ground nutmeg.
Candy Apple Margarita
- 1 1/2 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 1/2 part DeKuyper® Hot Damn! ® Cinnamon Schnapps Liqueur
- 1 part lime sour
- 1 part candy apple soda
- 1 lime wedge (for garnish)
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 parts Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- 1/2 part Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 4 parts coffee
- 2 tsp. cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon, 4 parts sugar) plus more for dusting
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Combine hot coffee and tequila. Mix in cinnamon and sugar until dissolved. Float whipped cream on top and dust with cinnamon-sugar. Garnish with cinnamon sticks (optional) and enjoy!
- 1 part Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
- 1 part chilled light beer
- 2 parts raspberry lemonade concentrate
- Apple slice for garnish
Preparation: Mix all ingredients over ice and serve. Garnish with apple slice.
- 2 parts Skinnygirl® Tangerine Vodka
- 1 part fresh blood orange juice
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Combine blood orange juice and vodka in an ice shaker. Strain and pour into a frosted martini glass. Optional: garnish with candy corn. Enjoy!
- 1 part Skinnygirl® White Cherry Vodka
- 3 parts lemon-lime sparkling water
- Splash of cherry juice
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Cherry for garnish
Preparation: Pour vodka and cherry juice over ice. Top with lemon-lime sparkling water. Garnish with a cherry and lime wheel.