'Homeland' production team loses Henry Bromell, dead at 65
By April Neale Mar 20, 2013, 12:57 GMT
02/19/2012 - Henry Bromell, Alexander Cary, Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon, Meredith Stiehm and Chip Johannessen - 64th Annual Writers Guild of America West Coast Awards - Press Room - Hollywood Palladium - Hollywood, CA, USA © Izumi Hasegawa / PR Photos
Sad news for the Showtime "Homeland" family, as news broke this morning that one of their writer/producers, Henry Bromell, died Monday of a heart attack.
Mr. Bromell was 65.
Emmy, Golden Globe, PGA, WGA award winner Bromell reportedly went to the hospital Monday afternoon and suffered the heart attack there, according to Deadline.
Mr. Bromell was initialy hired by executive producers as a consulting producer, and then was elevated to the role executive producer.
"We were lucky to work with Henry on and off for the past 18 years," 20th Century Fox TV/Fox 21 said in a statement. "He was a supremely talented writer and as kind and warm a person as you could ever meet. He will be deeply missed at the studio and on Homeland. Our hearts and prayers go out to his wife and children."
In addition to "Homeland," Bromell also worked on the TV series "Rubicon," "Carnivale," "Northern Exposure," "Homicide: Life on the Street" and "Brotherhood."
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on 'Homeland' production team loses Henry Bromell, dead at 65comments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. The Voice June 18th Live Finale Pictures: Florida Georgia Line and Nelly Perform
- 2. The Voice June 18th Live Finale Pictures: Hunter Hayes and Danielle Bradbery Perform
- 3. The Voice June 18th Live Finale Pictures: Danielle Bradbery Performs
- 4. The Voice June 18th Live Finale Pictures: The Winner Revealed
- 5. The Voice June 18th Live Finale Pictures: Cher Performs