CW's Whose Line Is It Anyway? with Aisha Tyler
By April Neale Mar 3, 2013, 1:17 GMT
Aisha Tyler attending the 57th United States Presidential Inaugural Ball. Picture copyright by Ben Droz / PRPhotos.com.
The CW is ordering a new take on the hit improvisational comedy series, Whose Line Is It Anyway? hosted by comedian Aisha Tyler (“The Talk”), it was announced by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW.
From the release:
Whose Line Is It Anyway? features the return of Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie, who along with a special guest each episode, must put their comedic skills to the test through a series of spontaneous improv games.
Prompted only by random ideas supplied by the studio audience and host Aisha Tyler, our four performers must use the little information they have and their wild imaginations to depict different characters and an array of scenes, as well as perform songs. After each round of improvisation, Aisha will dole out points to our four performers and declare a winner at the end of every episode.
Based on the wildly successful U.K. format, which also spawned a previous incarnation in the US that ran for eight seasons on ABC, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is executive produced by Dan Patterson, Mark Leveson, Jimmy Mulville, Ryan Stiles and Wayne Brady.
Premiere date to be announced at a later time,
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CAisha Tyler Biography -
Aisha Tyler Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on CW's Whose Line Is It Anyway? with Aisha Tylercomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 2. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 3. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 4. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello
- 5. 'Arrested Development' interactive poster, we did the work, watch the videos!