'Duck Dynasty' gives Morrissey a case of haterade for Jimmy Kimmel
By April MacIntyre Feb 26, 2013, 19:20 GMT
Morrissey - no Ducks please © Daniel Locke / PR Photos
Who doesn't love Miss Kay, Phil, Si, Willie and the gang from "Duck Dynasty"?
"Meat is Murder" singer Morrissey, England's preeminent whinging olde rocker from the days of yore and shoulder pads, that's who.
Morrissey was scheduled to appear on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Tuesday, but the singer canceled based on him holding his nose at the thought of sharing a stage with the Robertson clan of Louisiana.
His rep told CNN in a statement that while Morrissey is "thankful for being invited to perform on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live,'" he can't "morally be on a television program where the cast members of 'Duck Dynasty' will also be guests."
A&E reality monster hit "Duck Dynasty" follows the Robertsons, a Louisiana bayou family who have become redneck gazillionaires on account of their handcrafted duck calls. The reality series returns for its third season on Wednesday.
"As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers," Morrissey said in the statement. "If Jimmy cannot dump 'Duck Dynasty' then we must step away."
Morrissey is expected to play Los Angeles' Staples Center on March 1.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CMorrissey Biography -
Morrissey Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on 'Duck Dynasty' gives Morrissey a case of haterade for Jimmy Kimmelcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 2. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 3. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 4. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello
- 5. 'Arrested Development' interactive poster, we did the work, watch the videos!