Kickboxing Frogs! Rowdy baby elephants! Discovery 'Africa' episode - 'Congo' (VIDEOS)
By April MacIntyre Jan 17, 2013, 19:33 GMT
A lion sunbathes in the Maasai Mara National Reserve in southwestern Kenya. EPA/DAI KUROKAWA
Tune in alert for Discovery’s critically-acclaimed series “Africa” which premieres a new episode next week titled, “Congo.”
Experience kickboxing frogs, hormonal teenage elephants and a chimp using over four tools to retrieve food – a new behavior discovered by the film crew.
Discovery’s “Africa” new episode, “Savannah” premieres Tuesday, January 22nd at 10 PM ET/PT.
Kickboxing Frogs | Africa
Forest Elephant Gets Rowdy | Africa
AFRICA - “Congo” (airs Tues. Jan. 22 at 10 PM ET/PT)
The Congo rainforest, home to more species of plants and animals than any other place on this continent, covers the very heart of Africa and is the most dynamic habitat on the planet. In the crowded center of the forest, creatures must carve out their own space in this competitive world, using some surprising methods. A teenage chimp with a sweet tooth uses as many as four different tools to hunt for honey, complicated skills – even for a chimp – taught to her by her adopted mother and never before filmed. Tiny leaf-folding frogs fight for prime real estate by kick-boxing their way to the top and great herds of elephants gather under the cover of darkness at a mystery meeting place that results in combat so fierce the ground shakes.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Kickboxing Frogs! Rowdy baby elephants! Discovery 'Africa' episode - 'Congo' (VIDEOS)comments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. One to watch: HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra,' Scott Thorson's story
- 2. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 3. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 4. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 5. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello