The glamourized life of Shawty Lo out of Oxygen
By April MacIntyre Jan 15, 2013, 23:47 GMT
Carl Payne Brandi Price, Shawty Lo & Dora Din-DuRant - baby mama show id dead on the vine © Utho "denny" Coxall / PR Photos
Oxygen Media has halted the development of controversial ‘Babies’ Mamas’ project with Shawty Lo
Oxygen Media killed the “All My Babies’ Mamas” reality special the network was developing about a rapper who has 11 children with 10 different mothers.
In a statement issued Tuesday, Oxygen said that, “as part of our development process, we have reviewed casting and decided not to move forward with the special.”
The Atlanta rap artist Shawty Lo show was expected to air later this year on Oxygen.
The Parents Television Council called the program’s concept “grotesquely irresponsible and exploitive” and threatened action.
On Tuesday, Oxygen said it will “continue to develop compelling content that resonates with our young female viewers and drives the cultural conversation.”
What say you all about a network promoting this lifestyle?
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on The glamourized life of Shawty Lo out of Oxygencomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove' 2nd Season, Chic Eglee Joins As Exec Producer
- 2. Michael Pollan, Haifaa Al Mansour topline HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, June 21
- 3. Food Network star Paula Deen's N-word problem
- 4. James Gandolfini dies at 51
- 5. The Voice June 18th Live Finale Pictures: Bob Seger and The Swon Brothers Perform