Guy Fieri on 'NY Times' review of his restaurant on Big Morning Buzz Live (VIDEO)
By April MacIntyre Dec 4, 2012, 4:46 GMT
US television personality Guy Fieri EPA/LARRY W. SMITH
Guy Fieri had some comments for Pete Wells' NY Times Review of his Times Square Restaurant on Big Morning Buzz Live with Carrie Keagan.
Fieri got raked over the coals by food critic Wells, who used 34 rhetorical questions to drive home the point that the restaurant stunk on ice in a scathing review that went viral.
Fieri later defended himself in an interview with Today show reporter Savannah Guthrie. "I thought it was ridiculous. I mean, I've read reviews -- there's good and there's bad in the restaurant business, but that to me went so overboard, it really seemed like there was another agenda."
"To me, it's impossible to come in and have a dining experience and have every single thing is wrong, unless you come in with a different agenda and you want to sensationalize something and you want to blow it out of the water. It's a great way to make a name for yourself — go after a celebrity chef that's not a New Yorker that's doing big concept in his second month. Great way to hit it," he said.
Get More: Big Morning Buzz Live
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Guy Fieri on 'NY Times' review of his restaurant on Big Morning Buzz Live (VIDEO)comments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. One to watch: HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra,' Scott Thorson's story
- 2. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 3. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 4. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 5. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello