'Two and a Half Meh' - Jesus bigger spiritual payoff than Primetime for actor
By April MacIntyre Nov 26, 2012, 22:41 GMT
Ashton Kutcher, Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones - Jon Cryer Honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on September 19, 2011 - Hollywood Walk of Fame - Hollywood, CA, USA © Andrew Evans / PR Photos
Actor Angus T. Jones, of CBS's comedy "Two and a Half Men", is not having it anymore with the awful (our opinion) comedy that made Charlie Sheen a gazillionaire.
The actor has urged viewers to change the channel. Jones is Jake Harper - the son of Jon Cryer's character Alan - for nine years now, and he wants fans to end their viewing "and filling your head with filth."
In a YouTube video made for the California-based Forerunner Christian Church, Jones says, "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men', please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men," Jones says in the video. "I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it."
"If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that.
"I'm not okay with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show," Jones added.
The comedy, now in its 10th season, is watched by about 14 million Americans, and is seen in more than 20 countries around the world.
Yet HBO's "Bored To Death" is canceled.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on 'Two and a Half Meh' - Jesus bigger spiritual payoff than Primetime for actorcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. One to watch: HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra,' Scott Thorson's story
- 2. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 3. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 4. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 5. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello