WWE Raw scare: Jerry Lawler collapses during event
By April MacIntyre Sep 11, 2012, 3:37 GMT
Jerry Lawler - 2012 CMT Music Awards - Arrivals - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN, USA © Andrew Evans / PR Photos
Bad news tonight from WWE Raw - as the wrestling legend and World Wrestling Entertainment announcer Jerry Lawler was hospitalized after collapsing during a show in Montreal on Monday night, the show's producers announced.
Lawler, known as "The King," passed out at ringside and was given CPR in the locker room of the arena before being taken to a hospital, co-host Michael Cole told viewers during a break in the televised program.
It was reported that 62-year-old Lawler was in the emergency room and breathing on his own, but that "this is an extremely serious situation."
"This is not part of tonight's entertainment," Cole said. "This is a real-life situation."
BREAKING: @MichaelCole on #RAW: @JerryLawler collapsed at announce desk, is receiving CPR, medical attention at Centre Bell.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on WWE Raw scare: Jerry Lawler collapses during eventcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. One to watch: HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra,' Scott Thorson's story
- 2. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 3. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 4. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 5. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello