Fashion Police Joan Rivers' Costco Chains
By April MacIntyre Aug 8, 2012, 15:46 GMT
Joan Rivers, Melissa Rivers - E! 2012 Upfront - Arrivals - Gotham Hall - New York City, NY, USA © Janet Mayer / PRPhotos.com
The queen of self-promotion, host, writer, documentarian, jewelry saleswoman and comedian Joan Rivers made a fashion statement at a local L.A. Costco.
Using chains to tether herself to a cart, the star of E! Fashion Police became a minor problem for the Burbank police in what city officials said appeared to be a publicity stunt.
LATimes.com reports that Rivers accused Costco of not carrying her new book, "I Hate Everyone ... Starting with Me," which has made the New York Times bestseller list.
"'She was talking about her book as she was chained Tuesday afternoon to the shopping cart with a film crew in tow,' said Burbank spokesman Drew Sugars. 'She had a whole entourage,' Sugars told The Times.
No citations were issued, no books of hers were sold and no arrests were made.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CJoan Rivers Biography -
Joan Rivers Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Fashion Police Joan Rivers' Costco Chainscomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 2. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 3. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 4. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello
- 5. 'Arrested Development' interactive poster, we did the work, watch the videos!