NBC 'The Voice' Cee Lo Green Lennon controversy (VIDEO)
By April MacIntyre Jan 2, 2012, 20:39 GMT
Cee Lo Green - This past New Year\'s saw "The Voice" star Cee Lo Green take on a classic John Lennon song and change the lyrics to suit his own personal message.© Janet Mayer / PR Photos
This past New Year's saw "The Voice" star Cee Lo Green take on a classic John Lennon song and change the lyrics to suit his own personal message.
The NBC musical sensation series "The Voice," which will get a Season 2 launch right after the Super Bowl on Feb. 5, had one of the popular judge/mentors enrage an army of Lennon fans.
Cee Lo Green performed a version of the songwriter's classic "Imagine" with the lyrics changed from "nothing to kill or die for / and no religion too" to "nothing to kill or die for / and all religion's true."
rollingstone.com reported that Green performed the song on NBC's New Year's Eve broadcast from Times Square.
After the criticism, Cee Lo tweeted: "Yo I meant no disrespect by changing the lyric guys! I was trying to say a world were u could believe what u wanted that's all." but has since deleted his tweets.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CCee-Lo Biography -
COMMENT on NBC 'The Voice' Cee Lo Green Lennon controversy (VIDEO)comments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. Calabashole alert: E! To Air 'Pretty Wild' Marathon In Celebration Of The Film 'Bling Ring'
- 2. Hockeymania: Bruins-Blackhawk Game 3 best NBC Hockey ratings evah
- 3. Masterchef - Join the First-Ever Live Cookalong Via Google+ Hangout Tonight!
- 4. Arsenio Hall Guest Co-Hosts The Talk (VIDEOS)
- 5. What the duck?! Sundance Channel's Push Girls get their Duck Dynasty on (VIDEO)