Frank Darabont exits AMC's The Walking Dead, or does he?
By April MacIntyre Jul 27, 2011, 4:24 GMT
03/04/2011 - Frank Darabont and Robert Kirkman - Paley Fest 2011 Presents "Walking Dead" - Inside - The Saban Theater - Beverly Hills, CA, USA © Barbara Henderson / PR Photos
Showrunner Frank Darabont, who also served as a director of AMC's monster hit "The Walking Dead," is stepping down right before the upcoming second season.
The news, first reported by Deadline.com, reveals the strange timeline that saw Darabont as a centerpiece of The Walking Dead's Comic-Con panel just this past Friday along with executive producers Robert Kirkman, on whose graphic novel the series is based, and producer Gale Anne Hurd.
Deadine reports the other shoe hasn't quite fallen with regards to Darabont's exit: Andreeva writes: "There is speculation that Darabont might be off the show completely, but I hear talks are still ongoing about him possibly staying on in some capacity."
Season 2 of The Walking Dead will premiere October 16.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CFrank Darabont Biography -
Frank Darabont Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Frank Darabont exits AMC's The Walking Dead, or does he?comments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. NBC 'The Voice' Top 10 Live Performances roundup (VIDEOS)
- 2. Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio join X Factor
- 3. Bradley Cooper, Heidi Klum interviews from Leno (VIDEOS)
- 4. Investigation Discovery Asks 'Where Are They Now' Update Edition week, begins May 27
- 5. National Geographic and Good Clean Fun Present X Games Course Build