President Obama featured on Dec. 8 episode of MythBusters
By April MacIntyre Nov 12, 2010, 5:46 GMT
- Barack Obama - 2010 G20 Press Conference at Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto on June 27, 2010 - Metro Toronto Convention Centre - Toronto, ON, Canada © Dominic Chan / PR Photos
On October 18, 2010, President Obama announced his involvement in an upcoming episode of MythBusters.
"President’s Challenge" will air on Discovery Channel on Wednesday, December 8 at 9PM ET/PT.
In the episode, President Obama challenges hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman to re-test the myth of the Archimedes Solar Ray -- this time with more manpower. The myth, which says that Greek scientist Archimedes set fire to an invading fleet using only mirrors and the rays of the sun, has been tested by MythBusters twice before (and busted).
This time, after developing a unique mirror aiming system, Adam and Jamie use the President’s STEM connections and enlist 500 student volunteers ready to light a fire for science.
The episode is part of a multi-platform initiative launched by Discovery Communications that supports the Administration's campaign for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) awareness.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CBarack Obama Biography -
Barack Obama Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on President Obama featured on Dec. 8 episode of MythBusterscomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. Chiller TV: Chilling Visions: 5 Senses of Fear, Friday, May 31 (VIDEO)
- 2. Snoop Lion has 'One Life to Live'
- 3. Gritty tales from the border are coming to FX in The Bridge, July 10
- 4. Reality TV construct Kim Zolciak is a nightmare client from hell, says publicist
- 5. Dario Franchitti is hot, and so is IndyCar on NBC (VIDEO)