Rod Blagojevich jury deadlocked
By April MacIntyre Aug 12, 2010, 6:51 GMT
Former and impeached Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich waves to supporters as he leaves federal court in Chicago, Illinois, USA 11 August 2010. Blagojevich was ordered to appear for a jury question and is charged with conspiring to sell the US Senate seat formerly held by President Barack Obama and other charges. EPA/FRANK POLICH
Reality TV star and one time Illinois state Governor Rod Blagojevich's jury are deadlocked.
The 'Celebrity Apprentice" star has been on trial in Chicago for charges of corruption. The jury delivered a note to Judge James Zagel Wednesday afternoon saying that they couldn't reach a decision on a number of counts according to NBCChicago.com
"We've gone beyond reasonable attempts [to reach a verdict]," the jury said in a note. Zagel noted they have reached the impasse without any "rancor."
The possibility is the judge can force the deadlocked jury with the Allen charge, encouraging the jury to go back, review notes and trial materials and come to a new conclusion.
NBCChicago.com reports that Zagel "thought the note was important enough to summon Rod and Robert Blagojevich and their lawyers to court. He summoned them sometime after 2:00 p.m., they arrived closer to 4 p.m."
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CRod Blagojevich Biography -
Rod Blagojevich Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Rod Blagojevich jury deadlockedcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. One to watch: HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra,' Scott Thorson's story
- 2. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 3. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 4. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 5. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello