Donald Trump talks Bret Michaels on Leno, May 14, videos
By April MacIntyre May 15, 2010, 3:05 GMT
04/05/2010 - Donald Trump and Melania Trump - 8th Annual "Dressed to Kilt" Charity Fashion Show - Arrivals - M2 Ultra Lounge - New York City, NY, USA © Janet Mayer / PR Photos
NBC sent Monsters and Critics the preview of tonight's Leno show with Donald Trump - who talks about Brett Michaels and the controversial 'Miss USA' photo shoot - and the Jonas Brothers explain how to cook a meal in the bathroom.
Also Neon Trees performs.
Donald Trump stopped by NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” (11:35 p.m. ET) on Friday, May 14, to talk about Trump’s “The Celebrity Apprentice” and the upcoming “Miss USA” pageant.
Trump spoke to Leno about “Apprentice” contestant Bret Michaels, who is currently recovering from a brain hemorrhage.
Said Trump: “Well, he’s doing OK. Fifty percent of the people don’t ever make it to the hospital, that’s how serious it was. He’s just getting out of the hospital he’s going to try to be there, we don’t know if he’s going to make it or not, for the finale. He’s done really well and he’s a great guy and we hope he’s well.”
When Leno pointed out that Michaels is a strong competitor on the show, Trump agreed, “He really turned out to be strong and I didn’t see it at the beginning to be honest. I wasn’t sure he’d make it past two weeks.”
Trump also commented on the recent “Miss USA” photo shoot, which some deem as controversial: “Well, they are a little bit further than anybody has ever gone.”
JAY LENO’S MONOLOGUE HIGHLIGHTS
FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2010
WELCOME TO THE TONIGHT SHOW. THIS HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD DAY IF YOU’RE A BP STOCKHOLDER WITH PLAYOFF TICKETS FOR GAME 7 FOR THE CAVALIERS. NOT A GOOD DAY.
LAST NIGHT IN BOSTON, 18,624 PEOPLE WATCHED LEBRON JAMES AND THE CAVALIERS IN THE PLAYOFFS. UNFORTUNATELY FOR LEBRON, FOUR OF THOSE PEOPLE STANDING AROUND WATCHING; HIS TEAMMATES.
HEY KEV, WHAT DO SOUTHWEST AIRLINES AND LEBRON HAVE IN COMMON? THEY'RE BOTH "NOW FREE TO MOVE ABOUT THE COUNTRY".
PHOENIX, ARIZONA, IS GETTING ITS FIRST-EVER HISPANIC BISHOP. HE WILL BE APPOINTED JULY 19TH, THEN DEPORTED JULY 20TH.
NANCY PELOSI TOLD CATHOLIC LEADERS THEY NEED TO SUPPORT THE DEMOCRAT'S VERSION OF IMMIGRATION REFORM AND PREACH IT FROM THE PULPIT. THAT’S WHAT SHE TOLD THEM. TOLD THEM THAT THE PREACHERS NEED TO PREACH THE DEMOCRATIC LINE FROM THE PULPIT. SHE WOULD'VE SAID MORE BUT SHE HAD LEAVE TO ATTEND A BIG RALLY FOR THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.
I SAW A CATHOLIC PRIEST TODAY CALLING FOR A BOYCOTT. MAYBE HE WAS CALLING FOR A BOY ON A COT. I’M NOT SURE WHICH…
PRESIDENT OBAMA SAYS HE IS ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED WITH THE OIL SPILL IN THE GULF AND THE OIL COMPANIES BEHIND IT. HE SAID HE'S TIRED OF ALL THE FINGER-POINTING -- THEN HE BLAMED THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION FOR THE WHOLE THING.
ACTUALLY, YOU KNOW WHAT IS VERY EFFECTIVE IN SOAKING UP OIL? HUMAN HAIR. THEY SAY HUMAN HAIR. I KNOW HOW TO PLUG THE LEAK. TAKE DONALD TRUMP’S HEAD, STICK IT IN… IT WILL SOAK…
A KANSAS WOMAN, WHO AT AGE 95 BECAME THE WORLD'S OLDEST PERSON TO GRADUATE COLLEGE, HAS JUST EARNED HER MASTER'S DEGREE AT AGE 98. I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT; WHO'S GOING TO HIRE YOU WITHOUT A GRADUATE DEGREE?
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 40 YEARS, HEINZ IS CHANGING THEIR RECIPE FOR KETCHUP. OR AS THEY CALL THAT, THE OLIVE GARDEN: MARINARA SAUCE.
IN RUSSIA, A COUPLE HAS GOTTEN MARRIED AFTER A CHANCE MEETING ON A BRIDGE WHERE THEY HAD BOTH INTENDED TO COMMIT SUICIDE. THIS GUY WAS GOING TO JUMP OFF THE BRIDGE AND HE MET A WOMAN WHO WAS ALSO GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE AND THE TWO OF THEM GOT MARRIED. WHAT DOES THAT SAY TO YOUNG PEOPLE? WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR – YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET MARRIED! IS THAT GOOD?
ACCORDING TO A NEW SURVEY OUT OF ENGLAND, 28% OF WOMEN BLAME TOO MANY IPODS AND GADGETS IN THE BEDROOM FOR RUINING THEIR SEX LIVES BY DISTRACTING THEIR HUSBANDS. THE OTHER 72% SAY THANKS TO GADGETS IN THE BEDROOM, THEY NO LONGER NEED THE HUSBANDS.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CBret Michaels Biography -
Bret Michaels Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sitesDonald Trump Biography -
Donald Trump Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sitesJay Leno Biography -
Jay Leno Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Donald Trump talks Bret Michaels on Leno, May 14, videoscomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. 'The Office' closes its doors for the last time
- 2. Hannibal Pictures
- 3. The Office Finale Pictures
- 4. Brad Paisley surprises Darius Rucker with Grand Ole Opry invite (VIDEO)
- 5. Betsey Johnson and Resale Royalty previews for May 19 (VIDEOS)