Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens both got the Idol chop
By April MacIntyre Apr 15, 2010, 7:41 GMT
03/11/2010 - Andrew Garcia - American Idol Top 12 Party - Arrivals - Industry - Los Angeles, CA, USA © Chris Hatcher / PR Photos
Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens both got the chop for tonight's "Idol." No more saves left in the judges arsenal.
Due to last week’s judges’ save of Big Mike Lynche, two finalists – Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens – were eliminated tonight after receiving the fewest of the season’s record-setting more than 34 million votes.
Mentor Adam Lambert oversaw Tuesday’s Elvis Presley-themed performance show, Andrew Garcia, 24, from Moreno Valley, CA, sang “Hound Dog,” and Katie Stevens, 17, from Middlebury, CT, performed “Baby What You Want Me To Do.”
Next week, the Top 7 finalists – Crystal Bowersox, Lee DeWyze, Casey James, Aaron Kelly, Michael Lynche, Siobhan Magnus and Tim Urban – will take the stage Tuesday, April 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX to perform inspirational songs with help from guest mentor Alicia Keys.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CAdam Lambert Biography -
Adam Lambert Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens both got the Idol chopcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Smallscreen
- 1. One to watch: HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra,' Scott Thorson's story
- 2. Discovery Sunday, New 'North America' (VIDEOS)
- 3. La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Jeanne Cooper tribute (VIDEOS)
- 4. The Voice star Terry McDermott releases new single 'In Your Eyes' today, tour dates
- 5. HBO Boxing: Garcia vs. Lopez, Crawford vs. Sanabria; Golovkin vs. Macklin, Oosthuizen vs. Gonzales, Nelson vs. Cuello