Smallscreen - Burn Notice
Most people would be thrilled to be on the warm, beautiful sands of Miami's South Beach. However, Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) is not "most people." He's got a pesky FBI tail, a violence prone ex-girlfriend looking for closure, and a hypochondriac mother calling him 30 times a day. Yet these are the least of his problems.
After 10 years of serving his country working in Eastern Europe and the OPEC countries as a covert operative, Michael is living every spy's worst nightmare. While in the middle of a dangerous mission in Nigeria, Michael's "contact" informs him that he has been burned. When a spy gets fired, he doesn't get a call from human resources and a gold watch. In Michael's case, they jeopardize his life, freeze his bank accounts, dump him in Miami, and flag him on every government list known to man. They can't take away his skills or what's in his head, so they take away his assets and his resources to make sure he can never work again. They burn him.
Now Michael has a much different mission: he must find out who issued his burn notice and why he was blacklisted so that he can put his life back together. Meanwhile, he has to fend off a suddenly hostile world of old foes gunning for him. In order to survive in Miami and fund his own personal investigation, Michael enlists the help of the only two "friends" he has: Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) an ex-IRA operative who also happens to be an ex-girlfriend and Sam (Bruce Campbell) a washed-out military intelligence contact whom the feds have keeping an eye on Michael. He's also forced to deal with the family he went halfway around the world to get away from - particularly his mother, Madeline (Sharon Gless), who couldn't be happier to have her son back in town.
Michael, on the other hand, is happiest when he is in a different hemisphere from the rest of his family. He was 17 when he left home to join the military and he never turned back. Now stuck in Miami, the one place he vowed never to return to, he must confront the bad memories of his childhood and repair the broken relationships he left behind.
As he gets closer to the truth, Michael scrapes by helping out whoever needs his services -- mostly desperate people who can't go to the police. Using his Special Ops training, some duct tape and his sardonic humor, Michael becomes a reluctant hero. It's a dangerous gig, but it's the best he can do ... for now.
|Jeffrey Donovan||Michael Westen|
|Gabrielle Anwar||Fiona Glenanne|
|Sharon Gless||Madeline Westen|
|Marc Macaulay||Agent Harris|
Related ItemsBurn Notice - Season One (DVD)
Burn Notice: Season Four (DVD)
- Latin stars Khotan and Angelica Celaya on Burn Notice and Royal Pains
- Bell Curve: Coby Bell talks The Game, Burn Notice and a few of his favorite things
- USA's 'Burn Notice' 2-Hour Season Finale, Four previews
- Burn Notice Summer Finale Recap - Guilty as Charged
- Recap: Burn Notice 'Blind Spot'
- Recap: Burn Notice 'Hard Time'
- Recap: Burn Notice 'Center of the Storm'
- “Burn Notice” Where There’s Smoke recap
- 'Burn Notice' Recap, Past and Future Tense
- Burt Reynolds a safecracking spy on 'Burn Notice' this week, video previews
- 'Burn Notice' recap: Entry Point
- USA brings White Collar, Burn Notice and Psych to the Con, details
- 'Burn Notice' recap 'Neighborhood Watch'
- 'Burn Notice' recap: Breach of Faith
- Recap: Burn Notice: 'Made Man'
- Recap: Burn Notice “Fast Friends”
- Sharon Gless and Tyne Daly team up again for Burn Notice, the interview
- USA 'Burn Notice': Bruce Campbell and Sharon Gless interview
- Burn Notice interview with Bruce Campbell, Matt Nix and Alfredo Barrios, Jr.
- Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan popped for DUI in Miami
- Burn Notice is back and M&C’s giving away a tote bag full of prizes
- Tricia Helfer and Gabrielle Anwar talk 'Burn Notice' season finale
- Burn Notice's Matt Nix interview: Miami beat out Newark
- Burn Notice returns to USA on Jan. 22
- USA Network gives 'Burn Notice' season 3, 'Psych' season 4
- USA's 'Burn Notice' season finale tonight - video
- USA’s ‘Burn Notice’ Matt Nix interview
- 'Burn Notice' Sharon Gless interview
- 'Burn Notice' Chat with Bruce Campbell and Jeffrey Donovan
- USA's 'Burn Notice' second season summer contest
- 'Burn Notice' season finale tonight, top rated cable show
- 'Burn Notice,' 'Closer,' 'Saving Grace' to return to TNT, USA
- Review: USA's 'Burn Notice' another feather in NBCU's cable cap