Royal Watch News
Duchess Catherine won't attend 'Hobbit' premiere
Dec 11, 2012, 16:01 GMT
Britain's Duchess of Cambridge won't attend 'The Hobbit' premiere.
The duchess - who announced her pregnancy last week (03.12.12) - was due to attend the world premiere of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' along with husband Prince William in London's Leicester Square tomorrow (12.12.12), but has once again been struck by hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe case of morning sickness.
A spokesperson for the royal couple confirmed: 'The Duchess of Cambridge will not attend 'The Hobbit' premiere tomorrow evening and will continue to rest privately. The Duke of Cambridge will attend as planned.'
Duchess Catherine was admitted to King Edward VII hospital in London last week after experiencing severe vomiting and dehydration associated with the illness, but was released three days later.
Catherine is said to have gotten better but the illness recurred on Sunday (09.12.12).
Doctors have ruled that the latest bout of hyperemesis gravidarum isn't serious enough to require hospitalisation, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.
The duchess is recuperating at the couple's cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace.
A spokesperson said: 'It is well known that hyperemesis gravidarum often recurs and, until further notice, to allow the Duchess a degree of privacy during her pregnancy, we do not intend to offer regular condition checks or advise of routine developments associated with it.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Duchess Catherine won't attend 'Hobbit' premierecomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Royal Watch
- 1. Princes William and Harry open Help For Heroes centre
- 2. Prince Charles protester fined
- 3. Princes Charles and William to call for poaching action
- 4. Duchess Catherine's etiquette knowledge
- 5. Prince Harry to throw party for US swimmer