Royal Watch News
Prince Philip refuses to cut back schedule
Aug 28, 2012, 12:01 GMT
Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth
Prince Philip is refusing to cut back on his schedule despite being hospitalised earlier this month.
The Duke of Edinburgh, 91, was expected to reduce his royal duties after spending five days at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary with a recurring bladder infection, but has told aides he is determined to carry on as usual.
A source told the Daily Express newspaper: 'It's a difficult situation as the Duke remains keen to fulfil all his obligations over the coming weeks and months and feels fit enough to do so.
'His staff have quietly been trying to lighten the load and cancel certain forthcoming engagements but the
Duke won't have it. He keeps a very organised diary, no one can pull the wool over his eyes.
'He hates all the fuss and thinks the concern about his workload has been blown out of all proportion.'
The Prince returned to the royal estate at Balmoral in Scotland after leaving hospital last Monday (20.80.12), and has since been seen in public, joining the Queen to attend a church service at Crathie Kirk.
He is also led a grouse shoot on Saturday, and was said to be in great spirits.
The source added: 'His staff only want what's best for him but they are fighting a losing battle if they think he's going to change his ways.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Prince Philip refuses to cut back schedulecomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Royal Watch
- 1. Prince William to be at royal birth?
- 2. Prince Philip honours marines
- 3. Royal dresses to be exhibited
- 4. Belgian artist paints Duchess Catherine
- 5. Prince Harry trespasser arrested