Ant and Dec used to take drugs
Feb 23, 2013, 11:01 GMT
Ant and Dec
Ant and Dec used to take drugs.
The usually squeaky-clean TV duo admitted they dabbled in the past, before switching to Newcastle's boozy 'pub culture.'
Asked by the Guardian Weekend magazine if they'd ever taken drugs, Ant said: 'Yeah years ago ... But we're not really druggy people, that's the thing.
'I think you either go into that crowd as a kid or you don't - and we didn't. We found the love of alcohol very early on and we stayed with it.
'There's a real pub culture from where we're from in Newcastle, so we're just more boozy people.'
The presenters - who host UK TV programmes like 'The X Factor' and jungle-based reality show 'I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here' - have also slammed American TV for not giving them a chance.
Ant ranted: 'We've launched a lot of shows like 'Pop Idol', and then it goes to the States, and everything stays the same, yet they change the hosts.
'That becomes very annoying, because I'll tell you what: give us a fair crack at it.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Ant and Dec used to take drugscomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Tim Curry recovering from stroke
- 2. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 3. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 4. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 5. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?