Backstreet Boys announce documentary
Feb 11, 2013, 23:01 GMT
Backstreet Boys will release a documentary to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
The five piece - comprised of Brian Littrell, Nick Carter, A.J. McLean, Howie Dorough and Kevin Richardson, who rejoined last year after taking some time out - have hired Katy Perry's 'Part of Me 3D' co-producer Stephen Kijak to direct the tell-all movie.
The group said: 'We always wanted to make a film and now is the ideal time. With Kevin back, the fact that we are masters of our own destiny, a new album in the works and our 20th anniversary -- it all adds up to being the right time to share our story.'
Stephen has promised it will be a no holds barred look at the group and revealed their openness was one of the main reasons he wanted to work with them.
He told the Hollywood Reporter: 'What drew me to this project is their openness and willingness to push themselves into uncomfortable places, to be vulnerable and honest.'
The group are also working on plans for a 20th anniversary tour and album.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CBackstreet Boys Biography -
Backstreet Boys Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sitesNick Carter Biography -
Nick Carter Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Backstreet Boys announce documentarycomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 2. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 3. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 4. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?
- 5. Amanda Bynes mental unraveling lands her in hospital after Bong toss