Mitch Winehouse slams inquest
Jan 9, 2013, 9:01 GMT
Mitch Winehouse has slammed the coroners office 'idiots' following a second inquest into his daughter Amy's death.
The showbiz patriarch did not attend the investigation on Tuesday (08.01.13) into the 'Back to Black' singer's passing in July 2011 and said he was unsurprised that a verdict of death by misadventure had been upheld.
The second inquest was held after it emerged deputy assistant coroner Suzanne Greenaway - who concluded the investigation in October 2011 - was not properly qualified and Mitch slammed officials for their 'f**k up'.
He wrote on his Twitter account: 'Thanks for your kind messages today. The idiots at the coroners office f***ed up but we are fine.'
Following the first inquest, the coroner's report was sent to the wrong address.
Mitch said: 'It was a massive cock up. They messed up twice. It is preposterous.
'It is the same evidence so it was bound to reach the same conclusion. What other conclusion could they reach?'
The 61-year-old showbiz patriarch admitted the first hearing, which he attended with Amy's mother Janis, 57, was 'horrible' so he had had no intention of attending the second.
He said: 'I wasn't going to put my family through that, it was horrible. That is the end of the story.'
The first coroner had been wrongfully appointed by her husband, Dr. Andrew Reid, who has now resigned from his post as the area's senior coroner, with his spouse also stepping down.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CAmy Winehouse Biography -
Amy Winehouse Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Mitch Winehouse slams inquestcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Tim Curry recovering from stroke
- 2. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 3. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 4. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 5. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?