Chris O'Dowd uneasy with heartthrob tag
Nov 3, 2012, 9:01 GMT
Chris O'Dowd is not comfortable with being called a heartthrob.
The 33-year-old actor - who wed TV presenter Dawn Porter earlier this year - does not feel he is deserving of his new-found status as a ladies man since appearing in romantic comedy 'Bridesmaids' and thinks he will only be good looking when he gets much older.
He said: 'I'm far less appealing in real life. I really don't know what to say about it.
'Look, I've never been lavished with female attention. My mother used to say, 'You just haven't grown into your face yet.'
'When I hit 60 I'm going to be a real stunner!'
However, in order to turn away the advances of women, he is playing a 'd**k head' in his next three films.
He told Time Out magazine: 'I'm a bit of a d**k head in my next three or four films. That's how uncomfortable I feel with female attention. I'm basing my career on stopping it.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Chris O'Dowd uneasy with heartthrob tagcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Tim Curry recovering from stroke
- 2. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 3. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 4. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 5. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?