Mel B gets restraining order against photographer
Nov 1, 2012, 17:01 GMT
Mel B has been granted a restraining order against a photographer.
The former Spice Girls singer had claimed Australian paparazzo Jamie Fawcett had put her life at risk while she was in a kayak on Sydney Harbour last week.
So Mel - who currently lives in Sydney as she films the Australian version of 'The X Factor' - took him to court, where a judge gave her a temporary restraining order.
The order will remain until 22 November when the case returns to court.
Lawyers for Jamie - Australia's self-styled Prince of Paparazzi - agreed he would not 'loiter' within 50 metres of Mel and not contact her.
Roland Day said his client agreed to the orders on the understanding 'that he is still able to be a photographer and do his job'.
The incident is said to have occurred while Mel and her husband Stephen Belafonte were relaxing on their yacht when Jamie was spotted hiding behind a rock.
As the couple moved to different beaches, it is claimed the photographer followed them until they decided to moor their boat at Vaucluse, Eastern Suburbs where they live.
As Mel left the yacht on a kayak with her assistant, it is alleged the snapper nearly knocked them off into the water as he circled their boat.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CMelanie Brown Biography -
Melanie Brown Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Mel B gets restraining order against photographercomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Jason Bateman knew he had to grow up
- 2. Lemmy and son 'have 'swapped girlfriends'
- 3. Mark Wahlberg's naughty son
- 4. Jessie J inspired by stylish gran
- 5. Kelly Rowland in 'final' talks for X Factor USA