Robert De Niro is homeless after fire
Oct 17, 2012, 10:01 GMT
Robert De Niro
Robert De Niro has been left homeless after a house fire.
The 69-year-old actor and his wife Grace Hightower had to move out of the home in Central West Park in New York City in June after a blaze caused by a lint build-up in a clothes dryer spread across the building,
Despite originally planning to renovate they are now moving out permanently after it was deemed uninhabitable.
They had lined up a $100,000-a-month apartment to rent on the 64th floor of the Park Imperial, but the deal turned sour with Robert claiming it was 'misrepresented' to him.
A source told New York Post's Page Six: 'There was an issue with misrepresentation of the apartment and they managed to get out of the lease. The apartment went back on the market two days ago.'
Grace has also been heard telling friends she and her husband are looking for a five-bedroom rental which has 'tons of closet space'.
An eyewitness at the time of the fire - which took an hour to put out - was shocked at how tall the flames were.
The onlooker, who was driving at the time, said: 'Right above my head these 12 ft tall flames exploded out of the fifth floor window.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CRobert De Niro Biography -
Robert De Niro Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Robert De Niro is homeless after firecomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Tim Curry recovering from stroke
- 2. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 3. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 4. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 5. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?