Prince William's cousin refuses to cash in on topless scandal
Oct 13, 2012, 22:56 GMT
Wealthy tourists are desperate to stay at the plush estate where Duchess Catherine was photographed topless.
The royal couple was staying at the secluded Chateau d'Autet retreat in the south of France - owned by Princess Margaret's son David Linley - when the intrusive pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge were snapped last month but Prince William's relative is refusing to cash in on the scandal.
A friend close to Mr Linley told the MailOnline that he has been inundated with offers from wealthy tourists hoping to stay at the 19th century hunting lodge since the pictures were published in early September.
The source said: 'Linley has had mad offers coming in.
'Kate and William value him as a cousin and a friend and his refusals to capitalise on the publicity have been noted by the Royal Household. His currency is his silence.'
Following the publication of the topless pictures, William and Catherine were left 'saddened' by the 'grotesque' invasion of their privacy, but the Duchess has been determined to uphold her growing public role and scheduled appearances.
French magazine Closer was heavily sanctioned for publishing paparazzi shots of the 30-year-old royal without her bikini top on.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CKate Middleton Biography -
Kate Middleton Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Prince William's cousin refuses to cash in on topless scandalcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Rihanna's dad thinks she'll reunite with Chris Brown
- 2. Harry Styles has famous admirers
- 3. Catherine Zeta-Jones completes bipolar treatment
- 4. Tulisa fighting to save relationship?
- 5. George Michael fell out of car