Proud uncle Jake Gyllenhaal
Sep 21, 2012, 19:01 GMT
Jake Gyllenhaal loves being an uncle.
The actor is besotted with sister Maggie Gyllenhaal's two daughters, Ramona, six, and three-month-old Gloria, and describes the girls as 'extraordinary'.
He added: 'They are the best thing that happened to my family probably ever.'
Jake, 31, admits he can see similarities between Ramona and Gloria and him and 34-year-old Maggie when they were growing up.
He told 'Anderson Live': 'It's a similar dynamic between me and my sister to this day. I think we are each other's toughest critics, but we also, I think, love each other's work more than anyone else.
'Even at this age, my older niece will come up to her [sister] and joke to her, and she'll laugh and then she'll run away and she starts to cry.'
Jake recently joked he was a 'troubled uncle', saying: 'I play a troubled uncle (in new movie 'End of Watch'), which is not dissimilar to my real life! I have a three-month-old niece and a six-year-old niece.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CJake Gyllenhaal Biography -
Jake Gyllenhaal Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sitesMaggie Gyllenhaal Biography -
Maggie Gyllenhaal Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Proud uncle Jake Gyllenhaalcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 2. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 3. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?
- 4. Amanda Bynes mental unraveling lands her in hospital after Bong toss
- 5. FOX morning team puts Morgan Freeman into stupor, on-air interview (VIDEO)