Olivia Palermo was a tomboy
Sep 2, 2012, 15:01 GMT
Olivia Palermo was a tomboy at school.
The fashion designer - who rose to fame on MTV show 'The City' - did not initially plan to work in the clothing industry but did so after an accident during a came of lacrosse caused her to re-evaluate her career path.
She said: 'I was a tomboy. Very preppy, sporty. I played lacrosse, was on the ice-hockey team, I rode every day. But after that injury ... I remember my coach saying, 'Everything happens for a reason, Olivia.'
'Things obviously do happen for a reason. That's when I moved to Paris.'
Now, the 26-year-old beauty is grateful for what she has achieved and loves it when fans come up to her in the street to talk.
She told InStyle magazine: 'Every day, I count my blessings. When I see a cute girl on the street who's a fan and she's excited, it makes me so happy, because I see the effect that I have on her. And that just makes me love my job that much more.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Olivia Palermo was a tomboycomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Tim Curry recovering from stroke
- 2. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 3. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 4. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 5. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?