Tulisa was nervous working with Gary Barlow
Aug 11, 2012, 20:44 GMT
Tulisa as an Â´X FactorÂ´judge
Tulisa Contostavlos was 'nervous' about working with Gary Barlow in case she offended him.
The 'Young' singer - who joined the Take That frontman as a judge on 'The X Factor' last year - says that she tried to tone down her swearing so that she wouldn't upset the star.
She said: 'It's not that he's too serious - he's got a wicked sense of humour, but it's all quite underplayed. At first I was nervous with Gary. I'm loud and cheeky, I've been known for my bad language. You know when you try not to swear around some people? I was like that. Or I'd refrain from telling certain jokes around him.
'To be honest, I was probably like that in general. I was terrified. Remember, I came in replacing Cheryl Cole, the nation's sweetheart. I was never going to be anybody's sweetheart.'
The former N-Dubz singer - who mentored the winning girl band, Little Mix, on last year's series - has also revealed she was scared that viewers wouldn't like her and she would ruin the popularity of the show.
She told the Daily Mail's Weekend magazine: 'I knew 60 per cent of the people watching would hate N-Dubz, and the other 40 per cent wouldn't know who the hell I was. Deciding how to behave myself was quite difficult. I probably sugar-coated myself, I didn't want people thinking, 'I don't like 'The X Factor' anymore because of Tulisa.' '
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CCheryl Cole Biography -
Cheryl Cole Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sitesGary Barlow Biography -
COMMENT on Tulisa was nervous working with Gary Barlowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Drake bets on bad Rihanna and Chris Brown breakup
- 2. Katy Perry on Brand, Meyer and popping tags and tacos
- 3. Justin Bieber grazes a photographer
- 4. Happy days: Kim Kardashian 'Doing Great,' Kanye West 'Is in Love'
- 5. ‘Curb’ actor Jeff Garlin not facing charges